Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the white on im pointing to its underneath the headlight harness. what is this plug and what does it do and where should it connect? my 12v acc outlet is wont work and keeps blowing the acc fuse and im wondering if this might have something to do with it? please help

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
That's a live 12v cable or better known as an accessory plug. It's used to power up the rocker switch for the winch or whatever you might have in mind like a radio.

·
Registered
729 Posts
That's a live 12v cable or better known as an accessory plug. It's used to power up the rocker switch for the winch or whatever you might have in mind like a radio.
I've been told that is a diagnostic port, never tested it for power.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have seen several winch installation instructions and they use that port to provide power to the rocker switch. Guess it can serve multiple purposes.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The orange single wire is a 12v accessory plug. The white plastic plug is a diagnostic port for the dealer to plug in the Digital Wrench program.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The orange single wire is a 12v accessory plug. The white plastic plug is a diagnostic port for the dealer to plug in the Digital Wrench program.
I knew I was right, I even called my local dealer and they told me that same thing you just said.

·
Registered
729 Posts
?????

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
the white on im pointing to its underneath the headlight harness. what is this plug and what does it do and where should it connect? my 12v acc outlet is wont work and keeps blowing the acc fuse and im wondering if this might have something to do with it? please help
He says "the white on im pointing to" .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts