Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will this one work?

Amazon.com: K&N PL-1003 Polaris High Performance Replacement Air Filter: Automotive

Or is there one for another model, that is the same as what ours uses? I am sure that there is, like the one from the Razr 570?

ANd if not the K&N, what about a Twin Air, or Uni?

I want something I can just take out, wash, oil and toss back in. With the amount of dirt and dust in this area, the filters get clogged up fast and I don't want to be spending $15 every other ride. Plus, I can carry some cleaner and oil with me and if I am on a trip I can wash and oil it when we stop for the night...

Also, is there a K&N oil filter that works?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bueller?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevermind, called the dealer and they said that the 570 uses the same air filter as the 500, so I ordered the K&N from Amazon for $39 shipped.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I would run a prefilter on it, but i would probably do that with any filter.

ive had a K&N on my Cobalt Since 5 days after i bought it. ~180K miles later, no issues.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would run a prefilter on it, but i would probably do that with any filter.

ive had a K&N on my Cobalt Since 5 days after i bought it. ~180K miles later, no issues.
Yeah, I installed it yesterday and then tossed the pre-filter screen on top of it. I think that between the two, if it is oiled properly, it will be fine. I have used K&N on most of my streetbikes for years, with no ill effects. Granted, I wasn't riding in dirt and clay. haha

Heck, you could go to the store and pick up a pair of women's stocking, cut the feet off, and stretch them over the end of the snorkel and put a rubber band on it to hold it, to add a little extra pre-filter to keep less dirt from entering the airbox on the first place...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
ive never had an issue running K&N filters. just use an outerwears pre filter and clean/oil your filter every once in a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts