Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my wife a 2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 XP EPS LE Browning Edition. I would like to upgrade the tires (to a more agressive style)but keep the camo wheels...I would appreciate any suggestions and help...We do alot of Smooth Trail riding so comfort would be important as well. Thanks

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I am very happy with my Kenda Bearclaw HTRs. I am pretty sure they come in 14"

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you think they will fit my stock camo wheels? thanks

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The stock camos are just normal steel wheels, like on the non EPS models.

You can fit pretty much any tire up 30" on it.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks..any for the info....can you suggest some sizes and name brand that ride good and look great thanks

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anybody ever use these....... STI GORILLA SILVERBACK in 26 in? thanks

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Those are more of a mud tire. Based off your other thread, not ideal for intended use.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
If you're looking at smooth trail riding comfort, then you're going to want to go with a radial.

I saw you have Mudzillas on your 850 and you're asking about silverbacks so I'm guessing that you like the look of mud tires?? Mud tires don't really give a smooth trail ride although I hear that the radial outlaws are pretty smooth.

If you're looking for and aggressively treaded radial you might want to look into something like a bear claw HTR, GBC Spartacus, maxxis mudbug or mudlite XTR. I've had great luck with my GBC Spartacus.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks...so I just need to make sure they are (14 in) to fit the stock camo wheels....Ill check on those tires....figured that about the radials but love the mud tire look

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Thanks...so I just need to make sure they are (14 in) to fit the stock camo wheels....Ill check on those tires....figured that about the radials but love the mud tire look
Yep, definitely need a 14".

That's what I was thinking. The outlaw radials and mudbug radials are the most aggressive. Then the Spartacus XTRs and HTRs are moderate. And lastly there are tires like big horns, grim reapers, Baja cross, blackwaters ect that are all great tires, just not aggressive mud types.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apprecaite the help.....so all 4 tires can or have to be the same size.....i.e 26 x11x14 ???

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
No. 11" will not it on the front with stock rims. Stock tires are undersized normally. IMO I would stay stock size in one of tires bgirard420 mentioned.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
stock size are 26X8X14 FRONT 26X10X14 REAR.....so those are the sizes I need to buy??

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
stock size are 26X8X14 FRONT 26X10X14 REAR.....so those are the sizes I need to buy??

I wouldn't go bigger than 27" in diameter for the 550 unless you plan to do clutch work or stay in low.

No wider than 9" on the front and 11" on the rear.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GOT IT ...26X9X14 Front 26X11X14 rear ....will I need any spacers? Thanks

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Not with those sizes

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If you're looking at smooth trail riding comfort, then you're going to want to go with a radial.

I saw you have Mudzillas on your 850 and you're asking about silverbacks so I'm guessing that you like the look of mud tires?? Mud tires don't really give a smooth trail ride although I hear that the radial outlaws are pretty smooth.

If you're looking for and aggressively treaded radial you might want to look into something like a bear claw HTR, GBC Spartacus, maxxis mudbug or mudlite XTR. I've had great luck with my GBC Spartacus.
The radial laws r great! Super smooth ride and seem to have good grip!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts