Polaris ATV Forum banner

What type of ATV trail do you like??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new on here and see they are many types of likes and dislikes on many diferent topics...I was curious what type of trail do you like to ride and why? If you could mention your favorite that would be great too! Thanks!!1

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
My fav local system is Nemadji State Forest. While there are some wide flat road type stuff in there, I like the Class 1 (under 50" in MN) trails in the NE corner the best. Nice and tight, hilly, wooded, rocks, water, and some mud.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I enjoy all kinds of trails. Just depends on the mood I'm in. Somedays it's fun to ride the harder steeper trails and some days i like to just cruise. other days i enjoy a little mud or to cut up on the sand bar

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm into wooded trails myself, but I do like to go play in the sand every now and then.

·
Registered
978 Posts
woods trails mostly but i also love hill climbing! I just love riding in general but it cant be flat and straight all day

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wooded trails with rolling hills some water and mud are my favorite. I don't like the deep stuff though. Sand dunes were a blast with my 2 stroke back in the day.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I like the combination of hilly, rocky, muddy, mountains and trees. The shady trails in WV in July are soooo welcoming! So far, the only Honest-to-God trail system(s) we have been to are the Hatfield/McCoy trail systems in WV. Go there at least 2x a year with my Grandsons. We use my Cousins place as base camp and tow to and from the trailheads. We have encountered headlight deep water crossings (wet/mud holes) fast sweeping flat trails (my son and I were doing tandem drifting thru the curves!) hill and rock face climbs. Never a dull moment!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Anything to do with Arkansas Ozark mountains. Steep hills, rocky terrain, creek crossing, there's some mud but not interested in working on my rig anymore so avoid it when possible. Mt magezine is closest to home and moccasin gap is favorite with Byrds adventure center growing on me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Anything to do with Arkansas Ozark mountains. Steep hills, rocky terrain, creek crossing, there's some mud but not interested in working on my rig anymore so avoid it when possible. Mt magezine is closest to home and moccasin gap is favorite with Byrds adventure center growing on me.
I go to Wolf Pen Gap as much as I can. I'm wanting to check out Moccasin gap and Mt Magezine trails this year. The mountain trails are my Favorite

·
Registered
495 Posts
i dont really ride trails just fields
Oh my! It is well worth the travel time. I tow 438 miles one way to get to my Cousins place, then another 20-25 round trip to and from the trail heads. Well worth the effort. Once you have ridden in Mountain trails, you won't be the same!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Nice mountain trails are my forte. I do like the wooded trails with water crossings, mud and some trees to climb over as well. I like almost anything as long as I'm riding!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i dont really ride trails just fields
Oh my! It is well worth the travel time. I tow 438 miles one way to get to my Cousins place, then another 20-25 round trip to and from the trail heads. Well worth the effort. Once you have ridden in Mountain trails, you won't be the same!!
I lived in the french alps for a few years and TBF the trails there are awesome.
where i live now its farm land and we use the land rover mostly.
the quad is not for leisure time im sorry to say as it has to work the fields and sheep.
still there is 750 acres of land to hoon about on.i have a small loop that obviously I have to go round all the way to check the sheep lol.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I like a little technical stuff every now and then. One thing that is common around my area is washed out trails with deep ruts. My friends for some reason have a hard time with them. They try to ride the ruts out which always ends up bad. I like to straddle the ruts using the sidewalls of my tires to keep my bike level and get me through. Its funny when I take my wife with me on the X2 and we don't have to get off our bike to keep it from flipping over. My friends are always getting off or doing something to keep theirs from flipping over.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds sweet!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts