what's changed on the 18's that you have to pull plastics to remove cover or belt?The 15 is a PITA but the cover does come off without pulling plastics.More of a PITA is getting the driven clutch off(WTF)Preventive maintenance.
2018 Polaris Sportsman 850 Touring SP
57 hours. 300 miles.
Tomorrow. Changing fluids early. Meant to do around 25 hours
- cut Pre marked drain holes in my Iron Baltic skid plates. Going to be much easier to keep clean.
- pulled belt cover (what FPITA that is. Have to remove plastics also if you want to change belt. Belt looked brand new. Not even dust or shavings in the cover. No evidence of water intrusion.
- cut front skid to access tow hook. Might work, probably not a big enough hole.
Spark plugs this weekend when they come in.
- pull front wheels and pack bearings
- lube all front grease fittings
- change rear diff fluid
- change front diff fluid
- change transmission fluid
- change ADC fluid.
- button her back up so my wife can have her side of the garage back
Sad you have to pull plastic for that crap.
I dont think cutting the IB skid is gonna give you usable access to the hook.Isnt that part of the skid a double layer of IB ?Let me know how it works out ,Id love to have the hook back with the skids.
I still havent got the IBs back on the new bike.Got used to not having them on.Mattinance and cleaning are SOOOO much easier.But I do want to get them back on