Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,445 Posts
Finally got around to thoroughly cleaning my rad. Used Nu-Calgon 429108 Nu-Brite condenser cleaner, and I highly recommend for anyone who wants to get a better clean without having to take the rad out. I was pretty impressed with how much crud came out after I had spent many hours washing and blowing due to an overheating issue I was chasing down. Happy to report that my overheating also appears to have resolved itself after the cleaning. So flushed the rad, changed out the stat, new coolant, good burp and thorough clean and each time the overheating got better but now it seems to be back to normal.

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,445 Posts
Is that stuff for the outside of the housings or to flush out internals? I had to do my
Truck. Ac condenser, radiator, trans cooler (main, secondary, oil cooler outside with degreaser (and water wetter inside the truck and quad)…also on my sportsman I had to literally get an impacted amount of dirt stuck in bet all the aluminum fins front to back u couldn’t even see daylight, this was at beginning of the rebuild (quad overheating in minutes) fan also wasn’t working, I got it all worked out fan kicking off n on as needed and it can breathe (water wetter) works wonders as im seeing almost 10-15degrees lower temps.
It's a foaming cleaner for the outside. You spray it liberally over and into the fins and it starts to foam and pushes all of the dirt out from the inside. After about 5-10 minutes you hose it off and repeat if necessary. Works really well at getting all of the crud out without having to remove the rad and do a thorough clean. Obviously not as good as doing a full removal, but way better than just spraying with water and or compressed air.

Reactions: Scrappy507

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,445 Posts
Just ordered these bulbs, and a new whip flag for the boy. Weeds are high where we ride and I want to see him!

Let us know how they work out. Might be a good option vs the LED replacement bulbs that don’t work.

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,445 Posts
Think they suck due to being 37.5w?

hell, it is extremely rare I ride at night. Just wanted to replace a blown bulb LOL. Bought extras in case I liked them.
How do they project the light? Stock bulls are 37.5W.

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,445 Posts
896 halogen bulbs are 37.5w. That’s what the low beams lights are. 886 halogen are 50w. That’s what the centre high beam pod light is. Maybe the factory Polaris are different and have different wattages, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Doc8404

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,445 Posts
Damn! The LED’s look better than that. Back to the drawing board 😉

Reactions: Doc8404

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,445 Posts

·