Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Over this past week and over this entire weekend I've been cleaning 2 of my Sportsman's and one of my motorcycles from last holiday weekends riding. I'm putting everything away until next spring so my cleaning regimen is more over the top than normal. Each wheeler has had about 3 hours of pressure washing each and another hour and a half each hand washing. I get them up in the air, remove lots of plastic, the seat, skid plates, the storage compartment tray, etc. and I go to town on them. I detail the hell out of them and they absolutely look showroom new again. All mud and dirty film is off of everything. After I wash them I dry them with towels and an air compressor to get all water out then I drive them up the road for about a half a mile and back to get everything hot to evaporate any water I couldn't see and to get any other water out. Then I inspected everything, greased all the wheel bearings and all bushings and put new air filters in them and then added sta-bil fuel stabilizer. In the spring before the 1st ride I will change all fluids and the sparkplugs and be good to go.

·
Registered
930 Posts
this is on the left side of the wheeler above the shock. Is that for plugging in an accessory like third brake light?

View attachment 162675
This must be in the rear since you are mentioning the 3rd brake light. All the 3rd brake light plugs for non factory installed lights I've come across have all been capped off to keep out dirt, etc. and attached to the frame and are different shaped from what you are showing. I'm not sure what that one is for,,

·
Registered
930 Posts
My daughters 2018, 570 is all back together! I got the new valve tappet's, valve cover isolators, and valve cover gasket in the mail today so I was able to get it all back together. All valve clearances are where they need to be and it ran great afterwards.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Changed all the fluids except engine... need to get a different oil filter wrench tomorrow. Removed the tracks, installed the tires. Installed the Ricochet Skids.... what a royal PIA that was. The floor board skids were easy, and the A-arms weren't bad once I figured out how to get them in place, but the to main ones were a royal pain. I'm glad I won't have to remove them any time soon.

Gonna install the light bar and lounger tomorrow, do an alignment, and then it's stored for another month or so until everything dries out and trails open. View attachment 164401 View attachment 164402

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
FPD218 Needs to take note of what real men actually maintained today!!!

(Only kidding FPD218!!)

·
Registered
930 Posts
I added a Polaris Sportsman 25 gallon storage box to my final 1000 XP. I already have one on my daughters 570 and one on my other 1000 XP.

As usual, Polaris has no F'ing clue and the pre-marked hole locations on the bottom of the box are literally an entire hole diameter off from where they should be. It took a fight but I was able to get 2 holes to line up well enough that I could get eye bolts through the holes and into the Any-Glide anchors. I had to slot out the other two holes to a slot length equal to two hole diameters in length to get the other 2 eye bolts in. Something so simple turned into quite a chore from genuine Polaris un-ingenuity.

Polaris quality control is a F'ing joke.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I had a problem with the bolts also but mine was only about 1/2 a bolt out of wack. I put a piece of rubber between the Any-Glide and box plus a piece under the washer on the inside to try and help with water or dust.
View attachment 164654

then I put that floor mat upside down in my box to keep everything from moving around
View attachment 164655
I use stainless eye bolts, 1 large 1 1/2" and 1 small stainless washers and a stainless nut as a jamb nut to mount down my boxes. The large washer is definitely large enough to cover the slot that I had to turn 2 of the holes into. I use eye bolts so I can tie stuff down to them otherwise if the dox isn't full everything bounces around everywhere.

(Never mind the apparent penis shaped Loctite smear!!) I didn't notice that until I just took these pic's.
Car Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle door

·
Registered
930 Posts
When do we get full view pics of your new add on?
Anytime I guess. All of them have the same add on's -

Front & rear Polaris bumpers (Looks good but they are flimsy junk!)
Polaris handguards and mounting brackets
Polaris 25 gallon storage box
Horn & horn button
Auxbeam LED lightbar up front
Rear auxiliary fuel bracket & RotopaX mount & 2 gallon can
Polaris Red rear 3rd brake light
Whiteline swaybar lateral locks
Angled exhaust tip and stainless clamp
Agency-6 hitch receiver shackle block & D-ring
RAM, GPS mount
Extended thumb throttle lever
Left side mirror
12 Volt dual USB ports

Man, that's a lot of add on's once you write it all down..

·
Registered
930 Posts
Put a new one way bearing and the 2 washers on the 1K.
The spider was TIGHT!
It took a big cheater pipe on my 3/4" drive breaker bar plus heat to get it loose. Lots of green loctite in there.

My one way was shot. It spun in both directions.

I got a spider tool and clutch holder from Hunterworks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
From the cardboard doodling we see that in your spare time you like to figure out quantum physics!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Started the annual Spring rim polishing today on this big pig. I have to jack it up and remove each rim to clean and polish them. I use the Mothers power ball, Mothers aluminum polish and Never-dull to turn the rims back into a mirror finish. The rims are bare aluminum so over the course of sitting all winter they get a little cloudy.

I did both rears today and will do the fronts sometime this week. Its a lot of work so I don't usually do more than 2 in a day.

The 2nd picture really tells the story of how big this is. The bed of the truck alone is higher than my garage opening. I can stand straight up and put my shoulder inside the front wheel well. The fact that this is so big makes tire & rim removal all that more difficult.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
930 Posts
My rear left shaft is bent..this. Just recently happened along with left front upper bushing on shock that goes under the plastic bushing/spacer under the nit that mounts it… im just ready for a new all around, my buddy just bought fox for the front 400$ for pair, lol im not interested in spending 800$ for shocks on a quad when i use monroe gas magnum hd on my ram truck @ 60$ each n i do my own mechanical work to my vehicles and anything else with engine
Nothing ever works out well when you have a bent shaft!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts