Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not just today, but last 2 days. Have done the following on my 2019 Sportsman 850 HL
1) Replaced both rear bearing carriers with new bearings and bushings, old bearings were fully seized in old ones.
2) Installed 6 Anyglide anchors on rear deck
3) Mounted my Kolpin Stronghold mount and Gun boot.
4) Greased all fittings onthe drive line and suspension.
5) Greased all 4 wheel bearings, even the new ones as they were in deep freeze for a couple days to make installing easier.
6) full fluid service, 200hr/2000miles
7) Readjusted the right foot mount from frame.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah, I thought I was gonna get lucky and not need an axle when I found the bearings were shot, but no such luck apparently. Just trying to decide if I wanna do it now or after deer season. My luck I’ll replace them and find I need a new rear gearbox.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Im working on something that will allow me to use the other 2 motor mount (uppers in back) on my 500 engine. For whatever reason my engine is still vibrating alot, just discovered last night right upper mount bracket that bolts to right side upper rail 1 hole is stripped out. As a temporary solution i used a little trick i ws taught long ago, take some thicker gauge copper braided wire. Cut about 10-20 1-2” strips of wire strands, bend then and stick in bolt hole, the aluminum and copper are soft enough that u can tap a bolt into the cradled wire strands and tighten the bolts back up. Im wondering if I don’t have enough of the weight of the engine on front lower isolater???? Anyway i was mostly focused on the left side back upper and lower mount…perhaps a bracket between the 2 to tie them together and a flange for backside/trans side of vertical bulkhead will prevent pulling towards left of engine ……only issue still plaguing me 😡…o and went to take mt son for ride yesterday and suddenly at about 1/4-1/2 throttle it wanted to bog down, am removing carb today (mikuni) id rather rebuild this 100 times before buying an Amazon shit jap knockoff…I think it’s a combination of the needle valve float, and between the fuel pump and petcock as the fuel filter isn’t filling all the way and there’s gas on outside of lines and pump . It sat for a few months while j was redoing everything else. I should have removed the carb n plugged intake boot …’lesson learned “
Are you using Ethanol Free gas on your unit? If not, start using it if you can find it at the gas stations, it will really save you on your carburetors.
Not sure what you have around your neck of the woods, but where I’m at every single QT station and some of the Murphy locations have Ethanol Free gas. You should be able to do a Google search for your state to get a baseline list of sites.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Only bought my first Polaris last month. 2019 Sportsman 850 HL. My old Kawi was a hell of a workhorse.

Just ordered a set of High Lifter axles for the rear end today. Had to go with the stock series to get me through the fall as the HLA’s were sold out. Hopefully those will be the last parts to order until after New Years.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If it’s pulling t the left check the alignment and then the brakes. Camber, toe, and whatnot can cause this. In the brakes check to see if one of the left calipers isn’t releasing fully and causing a drag. Even suspensions issues on the left side can contribute. Have you checked if the preloads are all matched on the shocks?

·
Registered
209 Posts
If I can get these out, I may reuse them instead of the ones tesseract supplied.
or I will drill holes in the tesseract ones so I can use motorcycle net or other bungees to keep things from flying around.

need to pull the bumper bolt and fine a flat head fastener.

Have you looked into these? You can remove the included bolt and using Eyebolts instead for tie downs as well.
AnyGlide

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good to hear. I went with the AnyGlide because they are holding down my rifle mounts on the back deck and can’t get myself to trust the lock and ride system. Something about squeezing the rubber, or whatever they are made out of, with the leverage my rifle mount pulls with while riding around the ranch through creek beds and rocks makes me uneasy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Photograph Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Spent my one day off yesterday replacing the steering system on the wife’s car. It decided it no longer wanted to retain fluid in the rack and the pump said adios at the same time. Damn auto engineers should have to work on the crap they design without all the specialty tools and lift racks. Gotta drop the subframe to pull out the rack on that car.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No, the rack had a fatal bleed out and took the pump and high pressure line out. So I also replaced tie rod ends, away bar and end link bushings as well since it all had to com out to get to the rack.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I actually managed to finish work early today, thank you 70hr rule. Got home and replaced the leaking oil sending unit and the little silicone shift linkage grammar on my wife’s car. Took it for first drive after replacing steering system, and damn if it doesn’t drive straight as an arrow, using only tape measure for alignment. Gonna give her a few days on the road to look for uneven wear.
Followed that up with dragging out the 850 Sportsman HL to install the new rear axles, Kolpin receiver hitch, and test ride to make sure it was the axles and not the gear box. Now waiting on the front brush guard to arrive and she will be fully dressed for deer season.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Vehicle

I did the hard part of my 100k service on the Ram 1500 4x4. All 16 spark plugs, and the transmission service. Still think it’s a bunch of nonsense to have to replace the entire transmission pan for that, add to that you can’t access the drain plug for it as it is right above the exhaust cross over pipe.

·
Registered
209 Posts
What year and model? I can access mine under the skid plate i just did my transfer case and front n rear diffs complete service
2015 Ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.7L hard to tell from this picture but the transmission drain plug and one of the bolts are just above that crossover pipe. The transfer case is easy like you said. Thankfully I have access to lift bays at the local Air Force base auto shop.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
209 Posts
I finally had the time to get the new Power Steering pump into the wife’s Grand Prix. Only to find out, after filling the system, that the low pressure return line had been rubbing on the Harmonic Balancer and wearing a hole into the hose. Gonna try to patch and splice it tomorrow or Saturday after work. Hate to have to spend $140+ on a whole line kit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Finally got the wife’s power steering all finished up. Now to see how long the band aid holds together. Ignore the nasty stuff down there. Photo taken before washing down that part of the frame. Return line twisted itself up into the Harmonic Balancer and chewed a nice little hole. Wasn’t feeling like dropping a new $150 hose and the pain in the a$$ to pull out and rerun it all.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Light Tread

1 - 20 of 38 Posts