Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
14,078 Posts

·
Registered
97 Polaris 500 sportsman 4x4 Indepedent shaft drive, 2000 Honda 450S foreman
646 Posts
View attachment 158312
I did the hard part of my 100k service on the Ram 1500 4x4. All 16 spark plugs, and the transmission service. Still think it’s a bunch of nonsense to have to replace the entire transmission pan for that, add to that you can’t access the drain plug for it as it is right above the exhaust cross over pipe.
What year and model? I can access mine under the skid plate i just did my transfer case and front n rear diffs complete service

·
Registered
646 Posts
Also worked on a 2016 infinity fx35, smart intelligent me sais yes to installing an aftermarket amplifier and subwoofer box with 2 12” subs…I tried explaining to the guy listen, “your resting battery voltage is reading 8.80v dc @ rear of car where the amp. N box r going and 11/9 @ battery…it’s not a good battery..”wachu mean it starts the car lol…”and” ???…so he has me knstall it into a jeep cherokee that’s also here i did a full tune up td and oil change, dropped oil pan n put on a melling pickup tube n new gasket on pan and valve cover..inline 6 4.0L 6cyl powerful engine especially on a 2wd jeep cherokee it’s from west coast

·
Registered
212 Posts
What year and model? I can access mine under the skid plate i just did my transfer case and front n rear diffs complete service
2015 Ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.7L hard to tell from this picture but the transmission drain plug and one of the bolts are just above that crossover pipe. The transfer case is easy like you said. Thankfully I have access to lift bays at the local Air Force base auto shop.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
I know I need better pics to see how they throw light, but for now I like the stock bulb better.
On your left.

Atmosphere Automotive lighting Lighting Amber Headlamp
Wood Plastic bottle Finger Gas Cable
Font Electronic device Water Publication
Packaging and labeling Rectangle Box Carton Gas
Publication Gadget Box Rectangle Font

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Think they suck due to being 37.5w?

hell, it is extremely rare I ride at night. Just wanted to replace a blown bulb LOL. Bought extras in case I liked them.

·
Registered
646 Posts
2015 Ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.7L hard to tell from this picture but the transmission drain plug and one of the bolts are just above that crossover pipe. The transfer case is easy like you said. Thankfully I have access to lift bays at the local Air Force base auto shop. View attachment 158327
I know the exact summa humma ur talking about 😂😂😂…the 1 that makes your neighbor whoever’s near you with an earshot thing that you’re a complete loon because you’re yelling and cussing at your truck or a bolt for that matter…yea some r iffy, I always changed all fluids at regular schedule intervals when I got it on late 2002 ish, it’s a 99 5.9L 360 im getting just under 415hp and about 500 lb ft torque, jve chirped all 4 in 4wd, i didn’t say it’s intelligent nor will I ever do it again but i put tranny, transfer case and diffs as important as oil changes etc especially tranny n filter etc…diffs csn get so bad u burn thru u joints on driveshaft,
I had a rear u joint in rear kn back diff so worn from bad fluid jn the diff when we released the front joint on the shaft the shaft stayed horizontal 😂😂😂😂…im like damn no wonder gas mileage was down ans jt felt like it was having a really hard time getting going

·
Registered
646 Posts
Think they suck due to being 37.5w?

hell, it is extremely rare I ride at night. Just wanted to replace a blown bulb LOL. Bought extras in case I liked them.
I prefer the night, idk why , i 75% ride trails at night, i have my sidearm, my Sog rescue/utility knife. I have my 800lb sportsman if anything or anyone is feeling froggy , because I’ve seen it happen, the loons lurk @ night trying to get a free quad, ur gonna have to catch the next train jack haha…idk maybe because my leds makes it seem like daytime too

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,482 Posts
896 halogen bulbs are 37.5w. That’s what the low beams lights are. 886 halogen are 50w. That’s what the centre high beam pod light is. Maybe the factory Polaris are different and have different wattages, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Ill tell you guys what, 25$ for a pair of 900 incredibly bright lumens and 14$ for a fusible block, 4 taps that can be mounted close to battery instead of having to deal with the headache under hood or have so many o ring tabs on ir hot battery terminals/lugs tjat it actually splits the lead post itself the fuse box is of course optional, but i need/want it, Walmart has alpena square/rectangular and what appears to be a magnifying effect lens with 6 leds oer pod on front of my sportsman i can literally see as far as I want this is without anything factory lighting wise even being used. 29$ will go 1500 lumens, intense bright white led that draws about 2.7a and I believe 7 watts, i will make sure to clarify. It’s definitely lowz
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting
thats the 25$ pair…I got embc it’s a wider beam. I have the 30$ 1’s also.They took a complete rollover from my daughter last week too lol, cant beat em and i don’t have to worry about changing the stoc stuff, i use em all when deep woods n it’s insane bright

·
Registered
646 Posts
Also both r made by alpena, ill show u the round 1’s…better for low lighting. I may actually take n put these fronts jn rear under the plastic facing rear…amd put rounds up front lower, they take the exact same male/female receptacle also so if u wanted to switch wm it simple unplug and swap…

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
896 halogen bulbs are 37.5w. That’s what the low beams lights are. 886 halogen are 50w. That’s what the centre high beam pod light is. Maybe the factory Polaris are different and have different wattages, but I doubt it.
crap. Thought the low was 886.

Reactions: Gmartino100

·
Registered
160 Posts
Much spaghetti there. Mine looked like that earlier this summer. Took 2 days to straighten it up.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·

·
Registered
646 Posts
Much spaghetti there. Mine looked like that earlier this summer. Took 2 days to straighten it up.
Lol u talking about under my hood ? That’s how they are apparently that’s how I got it that is not of my doing there’s about 90 terminal pins spade connectors under there mine is a simple plug and play direct to the battery off her rocker switch three pin…heres the 1500 lumen on front now
Atmosphere Sunlight Lens flare Astronomical object Water
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Electrician Automotive design
both except the same plug and play socket I’m a put one or both in the rear I might just do one has a utility light I’m only going to use it for back in the woods in the trails when I get sketched out and can’t see behind me 😂

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok, I hear you. LED's look sweet.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Ok, I hear you. LED's look sweet.
Yea i got it from a cop, he didn’t really do anything except attempt awd override without speedo .., may have did winch too, i took that cover off 1st day and almost had a cardiac arrest, there was 1 owner prior to him, there are at least im gonna say upwards of 30 positive/hot spade male terminals, as many grounds and the other r neutral im assuming by test light. I did what I could to neaten it up nut at same time everything works, im not messing with it, it’s usually hidden. I have silicone spray n dielectric grease in everything, leds are obnoxious and i love em in nights riding trails. Can’t beat it for 30$ n cost of a switch n fuse block

241 - 260 of 804 Posts