Polaris ATV Forum banner
281 - 300 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
A family member dropped off their Sportsman 400 HO for repair.
Someone crashed it into a tree pretty good.
Front plastic was pretty scrunched up.
Upper radiator support bent beyond repair. I ordered up a used one from PSN.
Bought some front storage lid repair brackets for a 570. Looks like it will work on the 400.
Took a heat gun to the front plastics and got them bent back into a pretty close to normal shape.
Use some JB plastic epoxy to glue it back together a bit.
Should have got some before pics.

Sounds like it needs a rear axle. I'll have to look into that.

While shuffling things around in the garage, I noticed the brake lever on the 570 felt a little off. Then, I noticed its leaking brake fluid from the rear caliper. Ordered a rebuild kit for that. Hopefully it works. I'm not much of a fan of All Balls parts but, Its the only thing I could find short of paying through the nose for individual OEM parts. You'd think polaris would sell a reasonably priced rebuild kit like many other manufacturers do.
Got the caliper rebuild kit for the 570. Started taking the caliper off and noticed that one of the brake lines was slightly loose. Tightened the brake line, added fluid, and bled the system. All good again. Put the rebuild kit on the shelf for future use.

The winch switch on the 570 quit working. The 850 was out of commission so, I stole its switch and put it on the 570. Bought a new switch from KFI and put it on the 850.

Finished up the 400 HO I was working on. It had some more damage than initially thought. Had to buy the front bumper/subframe part. Once I got that, everything seems to line back up. Radiator is tweaked, but works. New radiator support bracket. Reinstalled plow mount. Did a bit more heat gun work to the front plastic and got it on and got all the holes to line up. Glued up some cracks. Installed new brackets for the storage compartment lid. Found some hardware for the LED light bar and got it reinstalled and wired back up.

Should be good to go on ATV repairs for awhile now. My daughters car broke down in the WalMart parking lot so I gotta shuffle the garage again and get it towed here so I can work on it. I assume its the fuel pump.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Broke one new Sylvania bulb taking it out of the package. Or I didn’t notice it was broken before taking it out.

so I only replaced one low beam.
looks the same as the older bulb

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,125 Posts
Broke one new Sylvania bulb taking it out of the package. Or I didn’t notice it was broken before taking it out.

so I only replaced one low beam.
looks the same as the older bulb
Maybe you should have installed the 4th brake.......
Recipe Insect Cuisine Dish Food

Reactions: Nitroman78

·
Registered
97 Polaris 500 sportsman 4x4 Indepedent shaft drive, 2000 Honda 450S foreman
388 Posts
Maybe you should have installed the 4th brake....... View attachment 158744
😂😂😂…man i am having a hell of a time with my
Drums on my ram…I’ve attempted them one other time years ago in another vehicle i got hit in the cheek with a high velocity spring and kicjed the vehicle off the jack stands never to try again, until now which I’ve gained alot of mechanical knowledge but still intimidated by job…

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Doc8404 and MrEd

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
Bastards.
I won’t say how long I’ve probably been riding with this.
Wheel Automotive tire Wood Gas Cylinder

Gas Plant Auto part Fluid Automotive tire

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
That wouldn't happen if you would have
installed that 4th caliper on the left rear!
I KNEW that was coming.

had to pull the truck in so I could spray with RP342 cosmoline underneath. Two months behind.

Polaris gets a new filter screen cover sock Monday if the dealer has one. Oil change. Maybe the rest of fluids and brake caliper.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Doc8404

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
Reactions: FPD218

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts
Reactions: Doc8404

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts
"when riding" is this once a year?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
Reactions: FPD218

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
aaaand I pulled the trigger on a chinese 200cc EFT machine...three disc brakes too (not a fourth)

281 - 300 of 340 Posts