Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
yep I cut already. Looks like crap but you can’t see it without being under it.
In the stock screw holes?
not sure I understand.
you have the IB over them. You lined it up well enough or did you route it deep?
Just took a look..I used a 3.5" hole saw for he oil plate. Then camfered the edges over with router (IMO just less of a chance to catch somthing) With that said make your hole whatever size your Oil filter wrench is. Theres enough clearance for a 4" then your into the metal backing on the iron baltic

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have a nice thick metal plate I can put in there.
I don’t want to take the IB skid off.
so there is metal between the IB and the engine I can just screw it into?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looks like that meta is what faces the engine?
If so, is that part of the skid or the ATV?
Wouldn’t you recess/route the area facing the ground?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Looks like that meta is what faces the engine?
If so, is that part of the skid or the ATV?
Wouldn’t you recess/route the area facing the ground?

thanks.
yes it is the part that faces up heres the other side..Its part of the Iron Baltics. Just a wild guess but Im guessing you did not install your IB's

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I did install them. And now will take them off because I don’t recall that metal.
Is yours a touring?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Got my 440 bucket yesterday. Didn't have to leave for work till 9AM today so, I threw it in so I could measure up both intake clearances this AM.

Got the intake buckets ordered as well as seals for the valve cover bolts. I threw in some maintenance items too. AGL, demand drive fluid, and a spark plug.

RMATV says it'll all be here in 3 days with free shipping. I sold some old vmax parts so I had a nice paypal balance to cover the parts.
Got the new buckets in super quick! Even faster then RMATV promised. I didn't get a chance to throw them in till last night.
Installed the new buckets, spun the engine over a few times by hand and measured it all. .007 on both intakes and .009 on both exhaust valves.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nice. So she’s good to go?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Finish the valves yesterday. Installed new tie rods and ends. Blew out the clutches. Reinstalled the exhaust shields, clutch cover, fuel tank, front plastic.

Checked oil, cleaned air filter. Took it for a test run. Started right up. Much easier than before the valve adjust. Came home, parked it, and stated prepping for HMT coming up in a couple days.

This AM, I noticed some fluid under it. It was from the front differential. Pinion seal. Called around and found a seal kit. Drove 1 hr each way for it.

Got it all changed. Flushed the diff, there was some water in the oil.

While I had my head in there, I noticed one of my front axles had a torn boot. Further investigation revealed that the inner CV was destroyed. I never heard/felt it....I'm not the only driver though.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Adjusted my kids suspension to the softest setting. He weighs 60 pounds.
launched it and bent a tie rod.

2020 Can-Am DS 70

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Wheel bearings, bearing carrier bushings, pivot pins, brake pads, chassis grease, another fan motor, fluids.

Mark

Reactions: Doc8404

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
In the past couple days I pulled the front diff out of my, and a friends 570.

His diiff is shot. Mine was rebuildable.

Put new u joints in both drive shafts. New brake pads on his 3 corners. New a arm bushings for him.

Finished my diff rebuild this am. Installed it and the driveshaft. Greased everything. Fixed a lightbar mount. Removed a footwell and straightened some bent metal below the floorboard. Put it back together and did a little test run.

When I opened the garage I saw that Amazon delivered an axle for my grizzly. I jacked the right side up as high as I could and replaced the right rear axle. Getting it on its side keeps the diff fluid from pouring out. Did a test run. No more clicking and clacking.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I noticed a tiny amount of fluid leaking out the main diff seal. My pinion had some pretty decent grooves in the shaft. Decided to try a speedi sleeve to repair it.

Pulled front end apart, pulled diff out, opened it up. Installed the sleeve and new seal. Reinstalled.

New diff fluid. Changed engine oil and filter. Changed transmission oil.

New EBC brake pads on all 3 wheels.

Noticed one of the lower bolts that hold the rear wheel bearing carrier to the lower a-arm was gone. Metal bushing was still there. I ran a tap thru the carrier to clean up the threads and installed a new, longer, grade 5 bolt with lots of blue locate.

I cleaned it before doing this work but, apparently not very well. Took it outside and hit it again.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Wheels were packed with snow, ice, and mud.
so I decided to grab Mr. Heater cabinet heater and throw on high.
come out ten minutes later and the damn hub cap melted right off and rest of tire and wheel were hot as can be.
Dummy.

Reactions: FPD218

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Reactions: Xpialidocious

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Trying these also. Lower profile.
Interesting how one product says it will fit Machine A and B. Next product says it won’t fit B but will fit A and C.

then they both should fit ABC.

These vendors are missing a lot of Sportsman business.

21 - 40 of 789 Posts