Polaris ATV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 789 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
13,346 Posts
This is universal, guaranteed to fit them all, A,B,C,D,E models, even in the winter!

Liquid Fluid Font Rectangle Gas

Reactions: Doc8404

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Seems like a small container.

Any source for bulk!? I like to change every other Ride.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Added a battery tender plug to the 570. The price was right. It came off the 850 since it will be getting a fancy one up in the pod.
Added some friction tape to the wires and covered with plastic tubing and tucked it up under the radiator support for lack of a better term.
When you open the front storage you can pull it out and plug it in. When all done, it hides away till next time.

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Great timing.

My Touring 850 has been on a tender after each ride the past week. Tender says fully charged.
Digital display says 12.0 when i turn key on.
11.7 when crank.
14.4 running.
Seems to start just fine, but I know the EPS light (over current code) came and went before i started using the tender.

Have NOT had a chance to melt the snow and pull the fender to check the stator wires yet.

need a new battery or nah?

·
Premium Member
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
3,431 Posts
Are you saying you just recently started using a tender? A tender will prolong life, not revive it. I would remove the tender, wait 4-6 hours and check battery voltage with a meter. And load test it if you can.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
11.7 while cranking is good.
I would put a whole lot if faith in what the pod says.

As noted, disconnect from tender for awhile and test right at the terminals to see what you have.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
She’s been in the garage a few weeks and I use it on and off.

·
Premium Member
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
3,431 Posts
Hard to say, testing it after it’s been off the tender for 4-6 hours will help determine its condition. Even better to load test it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hard to say, testing it after it’s been off the tender for 4-6 hours will help determine its condition. Even better to load test it.
no load test capability here.
12.56 volts at rest after being off tender since 5pm last night.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
@FPD218 is probably right.
I just need to make the time to check the stator wires, mud flaps and second rear rotor.

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
"and second rear rotor." ????

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Disk.
rotor.
hub.
whatever

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
LOL, just giv'n ya some chit...

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Wood Bumper

Reactions: Doc8404

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman 850 Premium
194 Posts
LOL, just giv'n ya some chit...

View attachment 148235
I have to admit I'm jealous of your left rear brake. I've been on the lookout for some good used ones.

I don't see myself paying $310 for the caliper, $145 for the brake line, and $75 for the rotor brand new from Polaris.

Also, it appears that my single rear caliper has a 1.5" piston, where as the 1000cc quads use rear calipers with 1.25" pistons. You would think they would all be the same size, which would save on the number of parts they have to manufacture.

·
Registered
2021 Sportsman 850 Premium
194 Posts
My first and only maintenance so far on my 2021 850 was just earlier this week. It was at 19 hours and 164 miles.

I replaced engine oil and filter, as well as front and rear diff fluid, and trans fluid. I also used my new Havok Industries wheel bearing greaser at all four corners. Greased all grease zerks too.

Air filter still looked like new, but I did put a nice coat of grease around the rubber boot and sealing surface to prevent ever sucking dust around there.

I'm not a fan of how the air filter is held in place on these. If that little rubber strap fails, the door could come open or fall off, and allow the filter to come loose. Then again, maybe the seat fits right up against that door too, I can't remember now. Maybe the seat would hold it in place if the rubber strap failed? I'll have to look at it in the morning.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Keep an eye out for used ones.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Haha. My brain is fried. Haven’t slept much thanks to a puppy and a big certification exam.

just jacked all four corners up as much as oem shocks allow.

shopped for tires.
looming hard at ITP Black water evolutions. Unfortunately I don’t believe they make my size. I have to go up an inch and an inch wider. Not sure if that will affect my extended warranty, I know there are 1 million opinions on that, or if they will rub.

Tires Front:26x8-14
Tires Rear:26x10-14

41 - 60 of 789 Posts