·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
97 Polaris 500 sportsman 4x4 Indepedent shaft drive, 2000 Honda 450S foreman
621 Posts
So i took my son on a newly found (to me anyway) trail that starts off on bottom of east mountain near scranton pa….as u go there starts to become more like the forest and less like civilization, except the rhythm section jumps etc…about 3mi in come to a clearing(river crossing) I thought what the hell…only live once…went right through it like butter..drive the entire 11mi each direction, on way back we take the creek down back…entire way lol…get back to truck fine everything good until I try to start to unload from truck…nada…let it sit overnight, nada..remove pullstart cover as my 1st thought is wet pickup n stator….nope…ok then…lets pull carb…mmmhmmm..i guess while the mud was wet was ok..dried up it got onto the throttle/choke access and completely clogged it..lotsa sediment in top and bowl too…so I cleaned out entire carb..latebird if u read this, im @ about 1100-2000 fr above elevation. My needle was set stock on middle notch, i went up 1 as I think it’s too rich on stock setup, sounds about right?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thats a nice area ,we ride up by great bend .Will that trail take you down to Nesbitt Reservoir?
Not sure…thats off 502…i do know at the 1st water crossing after crossing u make right and will come out around montage so im sure there’s a way..hell i can get from nanticoke to carbondale with a few switches of trails…it’s a heck of a ride rho especially with a passenger and my son hears it start hes out tue door before I have my helmet on 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
621 Posts
It’s beautiful there tho I agree…lol yesterday my son sees a (dried out runoff passage) I didn’t realize til about 3/4 up n i said buddy this is for heavy rain water to run down all large rocks obviously laid by man..my 500 took that hill at a 36degree grade like it wasn’t theee.. i just let air out of my mud lites to 3psi…somehow they were. Near 10 day before wss bumpy as all heck

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Not sure…thats off 502…i do know at the 1st water crossing after crossing u make right and will come out around montage so im sure there’s a way..hell i can get from nanticoke to carbondale with a few switches of trails…it’s a heck of a ride rho especially with a passenger and my son hears it start hes out tue door before I have my helmet on 🤣🤣🤣
Yep off 502 And you probably already know,pretty much everything between scranton lake & the reservoirs is PINCHOT STATE FOREST ,6,176.01 acres.There might be some trail maps here Gifford Pinchot National Forest - OHV Riding & Camping
Ecoregion Map Green World Natural environment

·
Registered
36 Posts
GP bushings(y)What ball joints did you go with?
All Balls 42-1037 Ball Joint Kit. Four in total to cover the entire front end. Hoping they don't suck. Ive read both great and not great reviews. Also bought the Tusk ball joint tool to help out the process. Still kinda pissy that was so expensive but atleast ill have it till I am dead and its another tool in my growing collection.

·
Registered
621 Posts
So I completely broke down my mikuni for 1st time, everything, every jet, screw, o ring bla bla..raised the needle clip up 1 to lean it out..im too rich in center…the choke cable was caked with dried mud that river ride was fun but need to make sure the rubber boots are in use lol they r there for a reason

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yep off 502 And you probably already know,pretty much everything between scranton lake & the reservoirs is PINCHOT STATE FOREST ,6,176.01 acres.There might be some trail maps here Gifford Pinchot National Forest - OHV Riding & Camping
View attachment 167977
So back on here..lol I wound up at burger king lolol..left wallet in truck 🤣…do u know by any chance the 800 trail everyone calls it?supposedly u start un pittston?i live in old forge i don’t know how to get to it tho

·
Registered
621 Posts
All Balls 42-1037 Ball Joint Kit. Four in total to cover the entire front end. Hoping they don't suck. Ive read both great and not great reviews. Also bought the Tusk ball joint tool to help out the process. Still kinda pissy that was so expensive but atleast ill have it till I am dead and its another tool in my growing collection.
I bought the all balls complete bushing kit for all 4 corners, 120$ per corner..including shock bushings upper n lower control arms and axle carriers etc…sway link and bar bushings as well…I need a new set of shocks all around tho and they are expensive as heck

·
Registered
780 Posts
I maintained a VERY heavy loss to my bank account today because my AC went out last week when I turned it on for the 1st time of the year. All good now with a brand sparkling new system - Trane / American Standard. I strongly believe in you get what you pay for - go big or go HOME!!!
Grille Rectangle Font Line Gas
Grille Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Tower block
Automotive tire Home appliance Plant Jet engine Motor vehicle

·
Registered
203 Posts
I maintained a VERY heavy loss to my bank account today because my AC went out last week when I turned it on for the 1st time of the year. All good now with a brand sparkling new system - Trane / American Standard. I strongly believe in you get what you pay for - go big or go HOME!!!
View attachment 167994 View attachment 167995 View attachment 167996

First time to turn on your A/C for the year? Must be nice. Bun in triple digits for damn near a month now. I do know the pain though. We replaced the A/C last year when our coils popped last year a week after our single digit highs. Thankfully we got it installed the first day it started to get warm.

·
Registered
780 Posts
First time to turn on your A/C for the year? Must be nice. Bun in triple digits for damn near a month now. I do know the pain though. We replaced the A/C last year when our coils popped last year a week after our single digit highs. Thankfully we got it installed the first day it started to get warm.
I'm a lil bitch to my electric bill and I refuse to turn on my AC until June. There has been warm days here and there but the last week and a half has been brutal and into the 90's. I put a mattress in my basement and have slept there the last couple of nights. My living room has been sitting at 89 degrees the last 2 days in the evening. I turned my AC on for the 1st time last Wednesday and it would barely cool anything down. It turns out that the bottom condenser coil ran right over top of a compressor line and have been slowly rubbing for 21 years. The aluminum coil line finally rubbed through and it was in an area that a guaranteed fix wasn't really possible. It was a Trane unit and has been outstanding for all this time until now. Trane & American Standard are literally the exact units built on the exact assy. line together. The difference is the final outside body color and badging at the end of the assy. line. Hopefully I'm good again for another couple of decades or more.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
So back on here..lol I wound up at burger king lolol..left wallet in truck 🤣…do u know by any chance the 800 trail everyone calls it?supposedly u start un pittston?i live in old forge i don’t know how to get to it tho
Not a clue. Ill ask a couple guys that ride out of Wilkes-Barre. It goes from pittston to PSF? or to SGL 91 then to PSF?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I'm a lil bitch to my electric bill and I refuse to turn on my AC until June. There has been warm days here and there but the last week and a half has been brutal and into the 90's. I put a mattress in my basement and have slept there the last couple of nights. My living room has been sitting at 89 degrees the last 2 days in the evening. I turned my AC on for the 1st time last Wednesday and it would barely cool anything down. It turns out that the bottom condenser coil ran right over top of a compressor line and have been slowly rubbing for 21 years. The aluminum coil line finally rubbed through and it was in an area that a guaranteed fix wasn't really possible. It was a Trane unit and has been outstanding for all this time until now. Trane & American Standard are literally the exact units built on the exact assy. line together. The difference is the final outside body color and badging at the end of the assy. line. Hopefully I'm good again for another couple of decades or more.
Oh hell no.Ill pay that elec as long as Im not hot.I work outside and I have no intention of being hot when i get home.We're in the 70s & 80s and my airs been on a month.As soon as the pine pollen starts in may ,the AC is on. This is from a couple years ago but it's the same every year.You just look anywhere and it looks like a green dust storm

·
Registered
780 Posts
Oh hell no.Ill pay that elec as long as Im not hot.I work outside and I have no intention of being hot when i get home.We're in the 70s & 80s and my airs been on a month.As soon as the pine pollen starts in may ,the AC is on. This is from a couple years ago but it's the same every year.You just look anywhere and it looks like a green dust storm
OMG - My neighbor has a pretty big pine and when its windy you see huge plumes of yellow pollen coming off of it just like the video. That $hit gets all over everything.

721 - 740 of 753 Posts