Polaris ATV Forum banner
741 - 760 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I hear you Duse. It’s 8:30pm and a nice brisk 97 outside. I get home from work and the AC gets turned down from 77 to 76 , and down to 75 when I head to bed.

I’m in the sun, rain, cold, you name it. I work when most mail men don’t. Gotta get that gas delivered.
Hell yeah,,,About the same temps here,78 at 04;30 am 76 4:30 pm ,75 at 9;30 pm

·
Registered
97 Polaris 500 sportsman 4x4 Indepedent shaft drive, 2000 Honda 450S foreman
643 Posts
I maintained a VERY heavy loss to my bank account today because my AC went out last week when I turned it on for the 1st time of the year. All good now with a brand sparkling new system - Trane / American Standard. I strongly believe in you get what you pay for - go big or go HOME!!!
View attachment 167994 View attachment 167995 View attachment 167996
Hard to stop a TRANE!!! Hvac is my other other specialty lol…especially steam heat usually can diagnose and fix over phone most of time. Nice unit. About 10k$? Ish????

·
Registered
643 Posts
Not a clue. Ill ask a couple guys that ride out of Wilkes-Barre. It goes from pittston to PSF? or to SGL 91 then to PSF?
Not sure, just know tjey call it the 800….idk how much it rained past night but man my winch got a workout tonight…got jammed 2 tines…’mud up to the muffler and thick…puddles up to the seat…just got home glad to br riding on top of the best out there…nothing bests a Polaris!!!! This im confident in now..

·
Registered
643 Posts
Didn’t know American standard got their hands in with trane now…i have an old American Standard steam boiler..not original with house that was a coal unit but only 2nd and house was built in 1940’s shes a victorian…3244 sq ft not including the 990 sq ft attic that is almost finished and the wrap around front porch and back double tiered porch…they count it i dont haha….

·
Premium Member
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
3,430 Posts
OMG - My neighbor has a pretty big pine and when its windy you see huge plumes of yellow pollen coming off of it just like the video. That $hit gets all over everything.
Uhh…..I have 4 acres, 3 of them covered with 70-100’ pines….my windows stay closed and AC on with those bitches spraying pollen everywhere.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm a lil bitch to my electric bill and I refuse to turn on my AC until June. There has been warm days here and there but the last week and a half has been brutal and into the 90's. I put a mattress in my basement and have slept there the last couple of nights. My living room has been sitting at 89 degrees the last 2 days in the evening. I turned my AC on for the 1st time last Wednesday and it would barely cool anything down. It turns out that the bottom condenser coil ran right over top of a compressor line and have been slowly rubbing for 21 years. The aluminum coil line finally rubbed through and it was in an area that a guaranteed fix wasn't really possible. It was a Trane unit and has been outstanding for all this time until now. Trane & American Standard are literally the exact units built on the exact assy. line together. The difference is the final outside body color and badging at the end of the assy. line. Hopefully I'm good again for another couple of decades or more.
Are you married? I know what I wouldn't be getting (food of course), if the temp was over 72 in the house...Happy Wife Happy life.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hard to stop a TRANE!!! Hvac is my other other specialty lol…especially steam heat usually can diagnose and fix over phone most of time. Nice unit. About 10k$? Ish????
Trane is awesome! I called around a lot and got it down to $6k. Quotes were starting over $9K in the beginning. I had no idea how much new AC was because I haven't needed to know for the past 21 years.

·
Premium Member
3,430 Posts
Not married but my fiancé / girlfriend (depends on the day!!) lives with me. She held up well over the hot days with no AC but I could tell she was not in her happy place!
Well, If during those days of being in the unhappy place, MrHappy made it into the happy place, you should definitely marry her. And that’s all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Well, If during those days of being in the unhappy place, MrHappy made it into the happy place, you should definitely marry her. And that’s all I have to say about that.
I might take the plunge with her. She has a PERFECT Sweet Ass Saturday! No joke!! We met at a company I worked at a few years ago. She's my Pilipino Hottie (She's an American citizen - I didn't mail order a bride!!)

Hair Nose Face Glasses Cheek
Forehead Glasses Nose Cheek Skin
Forehead Nose Cheek Skin Lip
Joint Lip Neck Sleeve Waist

·
Premium Member
3,430 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Darkness Number

Tje prelude is 90% done..1st pic is rhe egr intake and exhaust port runners..the round is exhaust side, that’s clear, the square is intake amd I’ve managed to get a wire hanger partially into the 2nd cylinder runner from manifold to block..egr still partially blocked, changed sway links 1 was broke, brakes, undercoating, 1 last valve lash adjustment, cleaned vtec solenoid again and tuned it with my Bluetooth obd scan tool from Amazon..last pic is 189hp @ neutral just revving, vtec engages items like corsa mode on a Lamborghini…ill b giving it back ij a few days

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Also I rinsed my sportsman off from the other night mudding followed by another 23mi dose tonight..got to 2100 elevation and found some amazing trails to go wide open on

·
Registered
643 Posts
Water Light Plant Motor vehicle Outdoor recreation

Water Plant Natural environment Motor vehicle Vegetation

Water Plant Watercourse Road surface Natural landscape

Hood Motor vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Light Plant Motor vehicle Window Water

Water resources Atmosphere Automotive lighting Hood Sky
It’s a 97…i was taking blind 10’ wide trails @ 45mph and the suspension is so amazing i can’t imagine what a new is like, im baffled i can rely on jt to get this deep, alone and confident I’ll make it back out without having to walk or get pulled lol

·
Registered
646 Posts
View attachment 168132
Tje prelude is 90% done..1st pic is rhe egr intake and exhaust port runners..the round is exhaust side, that’s clear, the square is intake amd I’ve managed to get a wire hanger partially into the 2nd cylinder runner from manifold to block..egr still partially blocked, changed sway links 1 was broke, brakes, undercoating, 1 last valve lash adjustment, cleaned vtec solenoid again and tuned it with my Bluetooth obd scan tool from Amazon..last pic is 189hp @ neutral just revving, vtec engages items like corsa mode on a Lamborghini…ill b giving it back ij a few days
Sorry to suggest this, but you should have replaced the brake rotors and lubricated the slides.

You also should consider replacing the timing belt because of all the oil that is on it. I have seen belts break with catastrophic results. And if the water pump is driven by the timing belt, also replace it while you are there!

Had a 86 or 87 Prelude break a belt. Bent the valves..Had to remove the head and have it fixed..Was not easy, as this car had dual carbs and a spaghetti mess of vacuum lines!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Sorry to suggest this, but you should have replaced the brake rotors and lubricated the slides.

You also should consider replacing the timing belt because of all the oil that is on it. I have seen belts break with catastrophic results. And if the water pump is driven by the timing belt, also replace it while you are there!

Had a 86 or 87 Prelude break a belt. Bent the valves..Had to remove the head and have it fixed..Was not easy, as this car had dual carbs and a spaghetti mess of vacuum lines!
Lol..yea replaced pads, hardware, lubed em..the belt was sweat ..not oil. It’s been replaced, along with water pump and tensioner, H22A..honda engine in general are interference engines. Appreciate the concern but I only do things correctly and thats it..don’t know how to do it half arse

741 - 760 of 789 Posts