Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are they and what kind of machine are they on?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Look at peoples signatures.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree with look at the signatures but I'll list em:
Quad= skid plates, clutch kit, wheels and big horns. In that order
Truck= BFG K/O's tires, canoe roof rack

These also answer the question of your other post "must have accessories"

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with look at the signatures but I'll list em:
Quad= skid plates, clutch kit, wheels and big horns. In that order
Truck= BFG K/O's tires, canoe roof rack

These also answer the question of your other post "must have accessories"
Sorry I should have said the reason for posting this thread...I found that most peoles signatures where of the accessories they installed not any personal modifications but I will scroll through some of the sigs.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Look at peoples signatures.
Agree.... Browse my sigature. My accessories are my "mods", as it makes it something different from stock! :veryhappy:

:fest06:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
accessories or mods are usually listed on the signatures of the people that have done them. Mods would be stuff that requires cutting, drilling, taking apart/replacing parts. accessories are bolt on. not many mods that people will do to their machines either because they A. don't have the skills to do so, B. Don't have the money to do so, or C. don't want to mess it up and realize that a working machine is far better than one that doesn't so why fix something that isn't broken.

See signature for all mods/accessories.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One mod I have always wanted to do to my ATV but didn't was change the key placement by drilling a hole in the fender for the key switch I don't think I will because I have taken my keychain off but I always hated going up a steep hill or through a mud hole and the key gets caught on the gas cap. I find the key gets lost easier without a bright tag too lol

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
One mod I have always wanted to do to my ATV but didn't was change the key placement by drilling a hole in the fender for the key switch I don't think I will because I have taken my keychain off but I always hated going up a steep hill or through a mud hole and the key gets caught on the gas cap. I find the key gets lost easier without a bright tag too lol
I solved that issue a long time ago by putting a lanyard on my key chain and putting an inexpensive carabineer on the other end and hooking it to my throttle cable. I have never had it turn off the quad by accident.

I got the idea when a buddy was thrashing in a creek and inadvertently knocked his key out and spent an hour looking for it. It also has the benefit of being able to hook to your belt when you are off the bike enjoying a libation of your choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I solved that issue a long time ago by putting a lanyard on my key chain and putting an inexpensive carabineer on the other end and hooking it to my throttle cable. I have never had it turn off the quad by accident.

I got the idea when a buddy was thrashing in a creek and inadvertently knocked his key out and spent an hour looking for it. It also has the benefit of being able to hook to your belt when you are off the bike enjoying a libation of your choice.
I like your idea I think ill do the same, I always wondered why polaris never changed the key location when they know that thousands of people have complained.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Are the key locations different then my 850xp then? The reason I ask is because my 850xp has the key in the pod, can't see it being a problem.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Adding things to the wheeler is always a fun thing to do! Gets expensive quick thats for sure. Everything ive done you can see in my sig. I hope to do lys more over the next few years

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are the key locations different then my 850xp then? The reason I ask is because my 850xp has the key in the pod, can't see it being a problem.
Yes they have the same location, you can't see it being a problem because your gas cap is beside the fender unlike my 570, IMO polaris should just modify the key location by tilting it up.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
No they have not Cubby but if you have a keychain on the key when you turn Right hard the keychain can get caught on the tank and turn off the quad. It is worse on the older ones due to the gas cap being there as well.

As for losing the key, I agree it was a fluke but it happened. He was stuck and was climbing off and got the key caught on his boot or pants on the key and it flicked out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts