Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Polaris sportsman 700
353 Posts
Polaris AGL like this in the transmission and rear diff if you have it and on demand fluid like this for the front diff or hubs if it’s 4x4

·
Registered
97 Polaris 500 sportsman 4x4 Indepedent shaft drive, 2000 Honda 450S foreman
37 Posts
Angle drive fluid, or i have used and still use Mopar equivalent ATF in tranny only, as long as safe for CVT trans. In the front hillard (gearcase)you need demand drive fluid , front hubs as stated above if fitted need angle drive fluid, NO GREASE in hubs!!!!
People will tell you it’s fine to run certain things but in the front it’s a magnetic gearbox and you certainly don’t want that metal shavings floating around your gears. Keep grease zerks full, top off fluids and hammer down !!!

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
I use ATF type F, Dexron or Honda Two Stroke Transmission Oil - you can also use any JASO rated motorcycle engine oil. The transmission is not hard to lubricate, but it will shift better depending on the oil used. That's why I like ATF type F

·
Registered
570 SP
164 Posts
I use ATF type F, Dexron or Honda Two Stroke Transmission Oil - you can also use any JASO rated motorcycle engine oil. The transmission is not hard to lubricate, but it will shift better depending on the oil used. That's why I like ATF type F
is atf type f ok for the front diff with the hillard clutch????
TIA

·
Premium Member
2004 Polaris sportsman 700
353 Posts
TIA
Maybe… the front diff with Hilliard requires a less viscous oil than other transmission lubricants. I would just stick with the Polaris on demand fluid. It’s a little more expensive but could be worth it.

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
TIA
Any ATF will work in the front diff and Type C might be advantageous because it was formulated for transmissions that required slip - Type F is for transmissions the do not require slip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts