Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a aftermarket pipe for my 09 Sportsman 500HO. I looked at the Hot Seat slip on but conserned about the sound. Has anyone heard these? I just don't want it to sound like a "pissed off bummble-bee" as someone discribed in another tread.

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Hot Seat slip on on my RZR and really like the sound. Nice throaty idle, not too loud while cruising, but really barks if you get into the throttle. My riding buddies were affraid it was going to be loud as heck and annoying to ride with.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info but those RZR are a twin right? Those things sound beafy stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks! I like it.

I let my buddies drive it every now and then, just so I can hear it at differant angles. Sounds mean echoing through the valleys. The best is when I'm in my puter room and the wife backs it out of the garage, some kind of resonace happens and you can feel it in your chest. Thats beafy.

·
Registered
601 Posts
What are you asking for..Beefy or quiet ?

I think the big gun has the best sounding exhaust.....as goes a RZR...your talking 300cc more then a Sportsman 500...so your going to get a way more different engine exhaust from the RZR....if i were you,i'd go on Utube and do some research thers alot of exhaust systems on there for ATV's and i'm not sure what your looking for....more beefy or alittle quieter?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts