Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run a plow on my quad with camo tracks? If yes, is there a specific plow I need to purchase? I know the glacier 3 won't work....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Plowing with tracks may not work so well for ya though, tracks are for "floating" on top of snow. You may find yourself spinning more than anything else, but good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
True, tracks are designed to float on snow, but most plows are designed to go in front. That way they "plow" the snow out of the way, leaving the tracks nothing to float on.
But what do I know, I just plow my driveway with it.:nixweiss:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, tracks are designed to float on snow, but most plows are designed to go in front. That way they "plow" the snow out of the way, leaving the tracks nothing to float on.
These damn folks from Arizona, lol.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Great point! Unless you are grooming trails or packing silage, tracks and plowing may not work.

·
Registered
455 Posts
ah hahaha good one! But tracks also have far less pound per square inch to the ground there by not getting a lot of traction. But what does an Arizonan know... oh wait I spent the first half of my life in Mn. maybe it's not an issue with your snow, but it sure was with Mn. snow fall.
Don't misunderstand I do not care how you spend your money (just spend it on products Made in the USA) and if plowing with tracks works for you, fantastic!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts