Polaris ATV Forum banner

What quad, or type of quad do you wish Polaris would build?

3K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  wassup77 
#1 ·
Thought this would be an interesting topic, with a wide variety of responses and opinions. What kind of machine do you wish Polaris would build next? And what type of machine would suit your needs the best? For me the ultimate Polaris would be probably a 570 Scrambler. I love this motor, it is spunky, sporty and lots of fun. However I don't want a Scrambler just based off a Sportsman chassis, I wish Polaris would build a new, lighter, frame for it as well. It would have irs and a narrower type midesection. Knock about 100 to 150 lbs off the weight compared of the value line Sportsmans and you would have the ultimate trail slaying, tree dodging woods machine for Northern Michigan trails, and enough power to have a blast in straight lines as well. What's yours?

#2 ·
My ideal ride would be Sportsman based, on a touring chassis, with a thicker steel tubing/framing structure to reduce flexing/breaking welds. Power plant would be the 1000 with a small Aerocharger in place, customer-friendly version of a fuel controller with performance selectable modes that affect the wastegate operation to allow cruising or max performance from the snail. A good set of Fox Podiums in all 4 corners. User-selected electronically locked/unlocked sway bar. Winch mounts front and rear. Pitbull like rubber all around. Grease zerks that are not in a PITA spot to reach. A rear diff that doesn't still whine 1300 miles later, beefier axles, and stouter input propshaft flange to the front diff - along with an aluminum roller cage. Metal heat shielding everywhere it is suppose to be...not just on random models. Oh, and for those that use them, brakes in all 4 corners.

I don't think it is too much to ask for!

#4 ·
Mud Machine to outdo the XMR 1000.

Sportsman 1000 with factory 2 inch lift, 29.5" OL2's, beefed up axles (possibly HL's to stick with the HL theme to oppose Gorrilas on the XMR), Touring Lengthened chassis, gear reduced, rad relocated, snorkels.

Would be pretty awesome.

#5 ·
Yep, this.

Beef up the frame as well, and be at the same price point as the XMR 1000

I am not really big on mudding, but that is mostly because I don't want to break or swamp my bike, I would not mind getting a Polaris that is made for it!

Now that they have a 1000 engine, I would not be surprised that they actually do this so they can compete with the XMR, however I feel like it will be a poor replication for the first couple years.

#6 ·
I'll go opposite, and say a mid size model ( with a 327 motor? ) with the goodies of and xp,for young riders and smaller folks., or those who just don't want or need a full size atv.

#13 ·
My suggestion will never happen. Polaris doesn't go after this market, nor do I think they are capable of competing in it.

A cross between a Raptor 700 and a Honda 700XX.

A lightweight yet strong frame comprising of aluminum and chromoly. It should have the IRS similar to the XX with optional sway bar stiffness. Chain drive with a manual 6 forward speed tranny including reverse. First gear would be granny and only used in technical terrain. The motor would be a single cylinder long stroke 850cc with single overhead cam and dual counter balancers. This fuel injected motor would be mounted backwards to the norm. The intake would face forward while the the exhaust would be a straight shot out the rear. Due to the high flow design with matched cam and port engineering this motor would put out 100 stock horsepower. Weighing in at a wet weight of just under 500 lbs. it would be the best sand quad ever produced and virtually unbeatable in the woods at the hands of an experienced rider.

If this wasn't enough... for the first time ever, Polaris designs an awesome looking body and fender kit. The fenders are removable similar to the KFX 450R.

This 2wd ATV would be light with high ground clearance and a plush ride. The power to weight ratio would be legendary.

#14 ·
a wheeler that is about 150 to 200 lbs lighter. I ove the way it is but drop weight and it would be the best beastly wheeler on the market

#16 ·
I would like the new 570 sportsman, but I'd like them to put a different motor on it. My motorcycle has a v twin 650 with 73hp and 55 tq at the wheels. Nearing double the output of my 570 stock. The motor would make this quad sound amazing, have great gas mileage and way more power. I think it's something Polaris should look into.

#17 ·
i agree on the smaller machines, my parents have an older xplorer 300 and I love that machine, very light, very tough, small so it can go anywhere. I love my 850 but often it can be just toooo big and heavy to go where id like it too

The cross between the raptor and 700xx would be pretty amazing as well.

#18 ·
A Midsize with the 327 engine and a 570 size engine to compliment it would be great. with a H/L trans. gauge pod light. And the aftermarket parts to support them.

#19 ·
I just want them to build a yellow 570 then I would get one. I have never been into the big bore wars so this would suit me fine. I am just tired of the reds and greens they always have. I have a red and green one in my stable now and I have told myself it has to be the right color this time. Everybody has red and green so come on Polaris bring the yellow back.

Ronnie

#20 ·
I think with it being an anniversary year there will be some unique color/graphic schemes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.