Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for new shocks for my 2016 850SP.. does anyone have experience with https://www.amazon.com/POLARIS-SUSPENSION-SPORTSMAN-1000-2879892/dp/B00MQ7XY94 which appear like they are fox made shocks for the Polaris? Polaris part number 2879892.. On the Fox website they recommended the podium 1.5 RC2 shocks, which are $600 more than those other fox ones.. On the other hand I could buy a set of Elka stage 3s for about the same price as either of these..? Am I completely crazy for wanting to spend $1500+ on shocks for my atv? Give me your input please!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I plan to do it, but I want dual speed compression and rebound. Looking at the Fox simply because there are TONS of guys out there doing the servicing and custom valve work, but price is a factor. If a special promo pops up...

FYI the Fox units on Amazon should be available through any dealer at same price so if you have a good and trusted dealer...

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
Can't beat Elka's. If I were in the market, Elka is the shock I would be going back to.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the four shocks I'm looking at are..

Fox podium x from Polaris? $1200
Vs
Elka stage 3 $1300

Or

Fox podium 1.5 rc2 $1800
Vs
Elka Stage 4 $2000

I keep hearing Elka stage 3? Also do these have to be rebuilt every year?

·
Premium Member
10,369 Posts
Those fox podium x shocks from Polaris, just make sure they are conveniently rebuildable. What I mean by that is I had read that the Polaris fox shocks that came on the XP's had odd ball sized parts for the guts of the shock. This made them more of a challenge to rebuild.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts