Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a cargo trailer. I figured I would put it to good use by hauling 2 ATV and then use it to sleep in it. I have seen some cargo trailer have tracks on floor to tie down the ATV. Some of them don't have it. So the question I have is

1. What size cargo trailer to haul 2 ATV?

2. Do you tie down your ATV inside the cargo trailer?

I have thought about getting toy hauler but I'll do that in couple of years from now so for now cargo trailer will do for me. Any feedback on this will be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Must be the month to buy trailers for people !!!

I use a 14' Enclosed Haulmark Trailer. For tiedown points I rob the conduit fittings bin at my shop and anchor down 4x two hole 1" Rigid EMT straps per atv. Then fasten the atv to the straps with ratchet straps. Kinda ******* I know but it works!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah seems like everyone is talking about trailers etc. I'm guessing everyone is getting things ready for those trips in next couple of months.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Must be the month to buy trailers for people !!!

I use a 14' Enclosed Haulmark Trailer. For tiedown points I rob the conduit fittings bin at my shop and anchor down 4x two hole 1" Rigid EMT straps per atv. Then fasten the atv to the straps with ratchet straps. Kinda ******* I know but it works!

The 14' one you have, is it 6 or 7'?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Its classified as a 6' but I think its a little over 6' Inside wall to wall. Its also about 15' long inside because the front is domed (not a v nose). I think it was about $3500 OTD in 2012. If we need to haul more than 2 ATV's then we use my 16' tandem axle Flatbed with a 2' Dovetail. That thing is Wide. Like 83" I wanna say. Prefer the enclosed, atvs stay clean and protected.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
We have a 14'X6' Continental Cargo trailer. It came with the D rings for two and a ramp door.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
I have always been a fan of open sideload trailers but in our part of America they just do not protect the quad from the elements. I just returned last week from a ride in Northern WI. It took me over 2 hours to get all the salt off the Polaris from trip.

Long story short I am done! I was looking at having a custom built side load enclosed trailer to haul 3 of our units but the cost was out of this world! So I down sized & placed a order for a 18x7 + 30 inch slanted V with a 6.6 high roof for the RZR. This will hold 2 large units + my sons 90cc. No more cleaning the salt off the quad when I get home. Should have it in 4 weeks. I am excited not to have to worry about salt damaging the quads after the 5 + hour salty drive back from Northern Wi!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
24x8x7 3 atvs with room for all the gear food ice chest fuel and closing plus generators

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I forgot I did the walls and ceilings put white pants on the ceiling and walls with insulation and lights in a 15,000 BTU AC on the roof with heat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts