Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I currently have 25" stock tires on my 2006 sportsman 500 EFI and was wondering if I should upgrade to 26 or 27 zillas? I don't plan on upgrading my clutch kit

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
If you don't want to change clutching then stick with stock size. They are still a bit heavier than stock even in the same size so there will be some loss of performance no matter what.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went with 25 x 10 on all four positions and love the way it handles. You will need wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels to get 10's on the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
With the Zilla Tires you also need to keep in mind the tread depth does get deeper when you move from the 25" to the 26" tire. I do wish my tires had the deeper lugs

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you don't want to change clutching then stick with stock size. They are still a bit heavier than stock even in the same size so there will be some loss of performance no matter what.
I would go big 28's even, then get yourself a clutch kit from this guy ^^
The Zillas are surprisingly light I thought. My buddy put 27's on his Grizzly so I got to check them out before he put them on. The clutch kit will help you paddle the mud from those big lugs very well. The rubber compound is very soft as well so not such a choppy feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts