Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What type of plug do you run, How often do you change and have you seen easier starting or smoother operation?

I have two 500 machines and one 850 all run stock plugs with change intervals annually.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just changed the original Champions to NGK after 8 years. Starts and runs great. No hiccups. :yahootongue:

·
Registered
422 Posts
NGK Iridiums

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
NGK iridiums in my 850's and stock in my 500's.

850 really benefitted from them.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
do the iridiums work good in cold starts....I had them in my truck an gave hard winter starts..switched back to double plats an run like new started right up in cold weather.....on a side note here..A polaris mech told me Champion copper cores work best for winter use..stronger spark but the others side of it was the gap erodes faster on them....he said you should 2-3 winters on a set..just change over to NGK in springtime....I am running the NGK now...starts good in cold weather...but we have colder coming....So wondering how the Iridiums are working in single digit cold...I have a 02 sporty 500HO

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine started this morning before I left for work no problem, it was 12*F.

Any colder than that, sorry i ain't starting anything but a fire in the fireplace haha

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
My 850's will sit out side all night at -40C and turn over, all be it slowly just fine. That being said it has a huge Odyssey battery in it.

No issue with Iridiums at all what so ever. The 850's run very rich when they start and the iridium is a hotter plug so it does not carbon foul as easily.

And Kme743 its not like I do this frequently. I like a great fire in the woodstove as well.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My 850's will sit out side all night at -40C and turn over, all be it slowly just fine. That being said it has a huge Odyssey battery in it.

No issue with Iridiums at all what so ever. The 850's run very rich when they start and the iridium is a hotter plug so it does not carbon foul as easily.

And Kme743 its not like I do this frequently. I like a great fire in the woodstove as well.
Haha I hear ya. Anywhere under 20 is really pushing how much I wana ride

·
Registered
422 Posts

Haha I hear ya. Anywhere under 20 is really pushing how much I wana ride

1 - 9 of 9 Posts