Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than water, food, extra clothing and gas, what types of things should I carry for all day trail rides? Are there certain tools or emergency things that you carry?

Dan

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Here is what I carry in my front rack:

.22MAG Revolver, Ammo, First Aid Kit, Tow Strap, Bungee Cords, Socket Set, Poncho, Bug Spray, Flashlight, Misc.Hand Tools, Tire Repair Kit, aaaaand Electrical Tape.

Unless the local bar puts on a run, then all of that comes out and it gets filled with ice n "soda"

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Condoms, definately Condoms

·
Registered
377 Posts
1. Drive belt.
2. Slime compact 12v pump.
3. Tire plug kit and extra plugs.
4. Screwdrivers
5. Needle nose plier with wire cutter.
6. Multimeter.
7. Assorted mini and normal blade fuses and electrical connectors.
8. Mini brass brush.
9. 18ga black/red 2-conductor wire.
11. Electrical tape.
12. Mini jumper cables (more for emergency charging than for jumping - small gauge).
13. Cheap crappy pocketknife.
14. Stubby crescent wrench.
15. Metric socket set (10mm-19mm).
16. 3/8" ratchet.
17. short and medium socket extensions.
18. 3/8" wrench.
19. Cheater bar.
20. Bracer bar.
21. Tow strap.
22. Very large zip ties.
23. $15 First Aid kit.
24. Wire coat hanger (Don't laugh, I got a guy back to camp with one of those last year when he rattled loose a bolt out of his A-arm).
25. Small tire mounting lever (not pictured here). I don't actually hope to mount tires with it, I use it for digging bark out of the bead seal.
26. The Polaris toolkit that came with the ACE (also not pictured here).

·
Registered
274 Posts
TOILET PAPER

Seriously, After a trip without it and I needed it, I will never be without on longer trips. You never know when that burger starts tearing you up

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am normally very prepared similar to Scoundrel's list but I'll add a 20 dollar bill. I ride solo often and when your without your buddies for help its easy to get help with a lil dough!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
TOILET PAPER

Seriously, After a trip without it and I needed it, I will never be without on longer trips. You never know when that burger starts tearing you up
LOL When you gotta go you gotta go !!!!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
TOILET PAPER

I to carry a roll.... no one likes to sacrafice a pair of socks and/or a winter stocking cap! :D

When nature calls...... :D

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
^I just drag my ass on the grass like a dog

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I would too..... But I have a hard time holding my legs up in front of me, while I pull myself around with my arms. :dunno:

I hope that painted a visual that will last with you all day! :D

:rofl:

·
Registered
460 Posts
TOILET PAPER

I to carry a roll.... no one likes to sacrafice a pair of socks and/or a winter stocking cap! :D

When nature calls...... :D
I have a couple of t-shirts that became sleeveless, when I forgot to carry paper with me!

·
Registered
392 Posts
LOL That's a good one. I substitute the TP for Wet Wipes and a several pair of latex or vinyl gloves. I do a lot of hunting and Wet Wipes can be used for everything from cleaning minor scrapes and cuts and wiping your face after a dusty or muddy ride to cleaning the blood off your hands after skinning an animal and yes they're perfect for making you clean and fresh after dropping a mean deuce! :beerchug:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
LOL That's a good one. I substitute the TP for Wet Wipes and a several pair of latex or vinyl gloves. I do a lot of hunting and Wet Wipes can be used for everything from cleaning minor scrapes and cuts and wiping your face after a dusty or muddy ride to cleaning the blood off your hands after skinning an animal and yes they're perfect for making you clean and fresh after dropping a mean deuce! :beerchug:
Dually Noted!! :fing02:

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
:puke:
I would too..... But I have a hard time holding my legs up in front of me, while I pull myself around with my arms. :dunno:

I hope that painted a visual that will last with you all day! :D

:rofl:

·
Registered
75 Posts
In the front storage box I have two 50ft stretches of rope, a tow strap, tire repair kit, first aid, blanket, and a knife

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tow strap, jumper cables, first aid kit, microfiber towels, baby wipes, air compressor, tire repair kit, slime, screw drivers, small socket set, tire pressure gauge, dual usb charger, retractable micro usb cable, extra gloves, collapsible shovel and a leatherman. I think that about covers it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Machete, tow strap, tree strap, snatch block, d-ring, tire repair kit, tire slime, and a converted Saiga 74 for the coyotes and hogs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts