Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a 2013 500ho a couple months ago!!!
and the tires just suck! i need new ones asap, however i dont want to lift or do clutch kit!

it seems that the factory tire only have minimal space for a bigger tire!!!

i dont want to rub but i need a way better tire!! please these are junk in the snow and mud

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think you are kind of limited unless you get differnt rim offset or spacers. My brother has the same bike same problem. He doesn't want new rims or spacers so he is looking at the 27x9x12(front) 27x11x12(rear) Zillas or the Silverback Lites. Both are light in wieght compared to most.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
25" grim reapers should fit on stock rims without a problem and although they are heavier than stock shouldn't result in too much power loss. A member here, Clinebo has them on his ?'02 500 and has had great luck.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind is the stock tires a really undersized. Right around an inch in both height and width. And there are a lot of good options on stock replacement sizes.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i purchased a 2013 500ho a couple months ago!!!
and the tires just suck! i need new ones asap, however i dont want to lift or do clutch kit!

it seems that the factory tire only have minimal space for a bigger tire!!!

i dont want to rub but i need a way better tire!! please these are junk in the snow and mud
I have a new set of oem 13' Ranger 900 xp le rims and PXT tires, I switched to the polaris sixr rims and big horns that were on my 08 sportsman....pm me if your interested, I live around cleveland.

They are 12" rims and the bolt pattern will match, even have a set of lugnuts.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I put wheel spacers in will that cause any problems? I never liked changing stuff out from factory but wouldnt mind a wider stance

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the same ATV and I put Mudlite XL's as they have a lil deeper tread than regular XL's. I put Kenda Executioner's on the front. All 4 are 6 ply tires. I picked up a nail with about 50 miles on my stock tires(front one). If you know anybody who needs 4 stock pull off hit me up. [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put the Kenda Bear Claw's on my 2012 400HO and they are great. I went one size bigger on the stock rims and I have had no problems with loss of power or tires rubbing. check out rockymountainatvmc.com.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Forgot to add with the Kenda Executioners they are pretty aggressive kinda cut like a tractor tire. I experience a lil shake at low speeds on dirt roads or hard surfaces up till about 20 MPH. It's nothing you can't live with just throwing information out that you might want to consider

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
25" grim reapers should fit on stock rims without a problem and although they are heavier than stock shouldn't result in too much power loss. A member here, Clinebo has them on his ?'02 500 and has had great luck.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk
I 2nd what bgirard420 said. The Reapers do extremely well. A buddy of mine runs them on his Grizzly.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
If I put wheel spacers in will that cause any problems? I never liked changing stuff out from factory but wouldnt mind a wider stance
Proper wheel spacers will not cause you any problems. Make sure to get the full spacer and not the ones that screw on the lugs individually. You may also want to look into new or used wheels with a 4+3 offset and compare that price to that of wheel spacers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts