Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Polaris Sportsman 500HO and the tires are more plug than rubber. I want new rubber but they need to be good for both mud and snow.
Im leaning toward the MS589. Or the ITP Mudlite, All input will be great.:feedback:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had the mudlites great all around tire a tuff question for me too which one.One thing I did notice is when you approach a hill with snow I needed a lot of wheel speed because the mudlites are diggers even with max air pressure. Stock tires I could get on top of the snow with more flotation. I beat these tires up on the rocks and never did have a flat pull the trigger on the mudlites IMO.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I just bought the 27"x14" 589's and took them for a ride the other day.I think the mudlites will handle better on the trails but the 589's will get through deeper mud holes better.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im still not sure. I thought I would get alot more input on this situation. Thanks to the fellas who did chip in on the thread though. Im going with the ITP Mudlites. I think the 589's will be too agressive and tear up the yard.

·
Registered
247 Posts
ITP Mud Ltes are a good choice but also look at the ITP XTR and ITP Terracross. I have the Terracross and love them.

The 589s are the king of the mud hole but they are tough riding on the trail. I bought the Terracross and they work well in all terrain (sand, hard packed,and mud) - and I have heard they are a good snow tire - no snow in TX so no first hand info.

I would buy them again and highly recomend them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I could, I would load up ALL the snow and bring it to ya! I hate the cold weather! Lived in southern Arizona for awhile but that was just TOO HOT! came back to Michigan, fell in love, married and been here ever since! shivering!!!:damnit:
Thanks for the heads up on the terracross tires, already purchased the Mudlites they are great so far.

·
Banned
9 Posts
What tires

thats exactly what im saying even with the trimming and 2" body lift youll have major rubbing issuse when turning, did you read the link i posted?? you need atleast 6" of lift for 33" tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts