Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three full weeks after getting my son a 2005 Predator Troy Lee SE he ran into a tree. At first the damaged appeared to be just A-Arms and Plastics. After ordering some replacements we started taking it apart and noticed the frame is FUBAR. From about the oil filter forward the entire frame is tweaked one direction. It is really messed up.

So now what to do with it? Should I sell it off as a parts machine, buy a new frame or look for a blown up predator with the same frame?

I am fairly mechanically challenged, and am capable of small jobs but I am pretty sure a frame switch would be beyond me and I would have to pay to have it done.

Thanks for your suggestions.

PS: Son was completely uninjured, wearing a helmet and very lucky!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
If you had insurance,just make a claim. If not get the frame so you can get riding again.

It's not that hard to put a quad together if have a template to work from. Just need the right tools to swap everything over to the new frame.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Hit up Ebay. There's always parts on there. Not a hard job,just go slow. Glad the kid wasn't hurt, but damn, that thing's messed up!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts