Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 330 Magnum 4 x 4 - After having problems with atv, checked and found both CV joints are tight and discolored, found ohms reading on magnetic coil in front differential reading 2 ohms higher than book says, found mud in wire connector that plugs differential into bike, output hub on differential (splines are worn) and piece that plugs into this is worn. Anyone know why both CV joints, etc would go out at the same time? We've had this for 2 yrs and never put in water and don't ride in mud (but we bought this from my brother who says he's never abused it, although I remember one time he said he had to get his son out of some water and mud). Trying to get parts to fix, but don't want to spend the $$ and find out something is causing all of this and it will break again. We have about 250 hours on this bike with no problems before this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
was the 4x4 working like is should? was there grease in the joint? torn boot?check and see if that diff wire rubbed through or corroded somewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, the atv seemed to be working fine when this happened, then all at once it became hard to steer and didn't want to move. When we jacked it up we found both boots were torn. Both cv joints had grease and didn't apear to have any foreign material in the grease. Both cv joints are hard to move,we took one apart and found the balls can not roll in the cage, they just slide along the groove.Also noticed the cv joints are discolored along the grooves. Diff wire seems ok but connection was kinda dirty and ohm reading is about two ohms higher then the book range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts