Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting rid of my 570 for an 850 Sportsman. I don't need a brand new one, unless a heck of a deal. Does the 2018 have the same updates/upgrades as the 2019 and 2020 models?

I'm not looking for the top of the line model, whatever the most basic model that has power steering that has the most up to date body style.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm thinking about getting rid of my 570 for an 850 Sportsman. I don't need a brand new one, unless a heck of a deal. Does the 2018 have the same updates/upgrades as the 2019 and 2020 models?

I'm not looking for the top of the line model, whatever the most basic model that has power steering that has the most up to date body style.

Thanks
2017 is the year they updated the body.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think they replaced the pinion cover in 2018 with a steel one and started offering arched a-arms on the “premium” packages. Other than that, not much difference from 2017 on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Out of curiosity, why do you want to go to an 850? Unless your motor is struggling in higher altitudes or you just want more HP, the 570 has tons of power and great on gas mileage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mainly bigger frame, I'm 6'7" and the 570 is a touch too small of a frame, my feet take up the whole footwell. Also, when my wife rides on the back around the property and our young sons riding with me around the property.

Again this is just tooling around in our woods and we all have helmets. In a nutshell, bigger frame, power isn't the issue, the 570 rips for a single cylinder. I don't want a side by side as i use the ATV to spray weeds in my woods and take deer hunting on narrow tight trails.

I thought about the touring 850 for the added length but they are a little to pricey for me... and it seems from my searches that Polaris hasn't updated the the body on the touring model vs the standard sportsman, which is a bummer, new body is tough.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mainly bigger frame, I'm 6'7" and the 570 is a touch too small of a frame, my feet take up the whole footwell. Also, when my wife rides on the back around the property and our young sons riding with me around the property.

Again this is just tooling around in our woods and we all have helmets. In a nutshell, bigger frame, power isn't the issue, the 570 rips for a single cylinder. I don't want a side by side as i use the ATV to spray weeds in my woods and take deer hunting on narrow tight trails.

I thought about the touring 850 for the added length but they are a little to pricey for me... and it seems from my searches that Polaris hasn't updated the the body on the touring model vs the standard sportsman, which is a bummer, new body is tough.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Those are good reasons. The salesman at the dealership talked me out of buying an 850 since the 570 met all my needs. Good luck!

·
Registered
2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
180 Posts
I bought my first 570 March 2019. It’s an awesome machine but me and my girl were doubling up and wanted more. I got a base 850 this March and it is very nice. Check out cycle trader and you can find good deals. Got this 2020 850 for $7550 + ttl. Michigan and Florida seem to have best atv prices.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang, that's a deal. I'm in Indiana and the best price here for a 850 with eps is $10,000 out the door. Ill check out that website. Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2020 Sportsman 850
61 Posts
My 2020 850sp has LED lights, sealed bushings, arched A arms, and a very new comfy seat. The lights and bushing are great updates.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LEDs would be sweet. I see yours is an 850HO. Are they all HO's or certain packages...what's the upgrade from the 850 to the HO version?

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
171 Posts
I have a 2019 850SP, it is the same as the 2018. The 570 is an awesome machine to! Be prepared to carry extra fuel if you upgrade to the 850. It’s a gas hog, 10-11 MPG.

·
Registered
2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
180 Posts
The HO is marketing as all 850 say HO. I agree with the gas hog part, our 570 will go all day on a tank of fuel and even with a bigger tank, the 850 will need a fill up

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good point on the mpg part, I want even thinking of that. But where I use it around the property and not trail riding I won't be burning though a lot of fuel anyway.
Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Sportsman 850
61 Posts
This is my 5th 850 Sportsman and I myself have gotten 17-20 mpg trail riding. The fun factor is much higher with the 850 and I'm ok with putting in more gas. I do carry a 4 gallon rotopax on the back.

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
171 Posts
When you get a chance can you post a pic of how you mounted your aux gas pack on back? I’m going to be buying a fuel pack soon, need some ideas of mounting on back of 850SP

·
Registered
2020 Sportsman 850
61 Posts
I just strap it on the back, been doing it that way for 10 years. This is my 17 but on my 2020 I'm working on mounting my 2 gal pac vertically off the back of rack. Lots of options if you think outside the box.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts