Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2005 Sportsman 500 HO and it needs repairs to the front end, (storage compartment, bumper, fender, front right drive shaft). I want to look for some used parts and I would like to know what other year models are compatible with the 2005? Thanks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
2005 to 2010 should be the same for most parts. However there were some differences in some things like wheels, efi models, etc. Find an online microfiche for Polaris and then you will know for sure. You may want to look for new parts at a good parts supplier like Sanders Sporting in OK. Call and get the parts cost over the phone, it is always less than Polaris advertised microfiche price.

·
Registered
15,263 Posts
Crankcase (part number 3085808 superseded to 3089240 was used in all the following models:

·
13,782 Posts
I just purchased a 2005 Sportsman 500 HO and it needs repairs to the front end, (storage compartment, bumper, fender, front right drive shaft). I want to look for some used parts and I would like to know what other year models are compatible with the 2005? Thanks!
Here's you a link to the Polaris Parts Catalog. Just plug in your machine, find the part you want and then scroll over to the right a click "usage". You will get a list of every machine that exact part is used on.
For good used parts Powersports Nation is one of the best and they stand behind their parts. I use ebay a lot as well.

·
Registered
15,263 Posts
Here's you a link to the Polaris Parts Catalog. Just plug in your machine, find the part you want and then scroll over to the right a click "usage". You will get a list of every machine that exact part is used on.
For good used parts Powersports Nation is one of the best and they stand behind their parts. I use ebay a lot as well.
Clicking on usage does not provide a complete list - if you look up the engine cases for a 2005 500 and click usage; the list is for 09 to 14 400 & 500 Sportsman's, but if you copy the part number (3089240), click on advanced search it reveals a complete list from 04 to 14 and includes 400, 450 and 500 models

·
Registered
15,263 Posts
It took me a little while to figure it out - I searched for something one time and on one website it covered models the the Polaris usage function did not - I then screwed around on the Polaris site and tried the Advanced Search feature and found models the other site did not list. No one search function is all knowing and you can find errors on them too. Double check everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts