Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My riding style has changed over the years and we have been getting farther and farther from the truck once the ride starts. Years back we never got more then 3 to 5 miles from the truck. If something broke we either moved the truck close to dragged the bike back. Now that we are getting 10 or more miles from the truck I think its time I rethink what i carry with me.

I have started taking more and more stuff with me as time goes on. What is in your racks bags that you take with you that you can't live with out?

my normal kit is a tire plug kit, a few towels, TP, Water and snacks or food, air compresses, and depending on weather maybe rain gear. I know i don't carry much, but so far its always got me back home.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
This thread is started every couple of weeks.

The list is long and has lots of fun stuff. but the most important is TP and a shovel.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Always carry a tow strap and a phone charger. Tire plug kit. Basic tools. Tie wire. Zipties. Spare spark plug. Gun.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I just did a search. and didn't see much. The search on this site doesn't work very well for me. I will retry
No worries. The search on most sits is WAY to specific. search "carry". or "take with you" and you should be able to find plenty.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I know this has been done before but...

I have a touring. One time a rock went through my rear wheel. There was nothing any where to help me lift the rear of the quad up to remove the wheel to do a fix. We drove it back 10 miles on a flat.

On the way back I realized that to change the belt on a touring you have to remove the rear wheel as well.

so..

I have a small screw jack in the tool box that fits where the seat goes as well as all of the other junk we all carry.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
oh my let's see; warm clothing, gloves, rain gear, spare belt, .22 rifle and extra ammo, hatchet, knife, cook stove, flashlight, batteries for gps, water, military MRE's, hammock, emergency blanket, winch accessories, rope...

then if I'm going out longer I tow my trailer with more stuff

·
Premium Member
11,474 Posts
Between my rear bag and front lock n ride cargo compartment I have: full set of rain gear, windex in a small spray bottle, tire plug kit, mini compressor, tool pouch, ratchet strap, 20' tow strap, bungy net, fuses, extra pair of gloves, goggles and safety glasses, Beef jerky, granola bars, and water.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tire plug kit, tow rope, rain gear, first aid kit, basic tools, matches, weiner rosters for a campfire, spare bulbs and spark plugs, and a mini shovel

·
Registered
455 Posts
yup that stuff too, minus the windex whats that for?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Number one item has to be toilet paper!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Tow rope, small air compressor, Tire repair kit, extra gloves, quart of oil, phone charger, rain gear, and condoms :saevilw: ..................the last one was to see if you really read it all

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lol no rubbers in my kit!

I have a hatchet, my .45 and an extra mag, air horn, compressor, tow straps, water, inverter for A/C power, 3 phones, GPS, TP, shovel.

I ride usually at an off-road park.
If I ever go further I'm going to take plugs and a jack along with a tool kit.
BTW my bag I got at Wal-Mart. Not bad for like $40.00 or so.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Front Storage Box
Flashlights
Extra safety glasses
Stainless steel zip ties
Plastic zip ties
Bungee cords
Ratchet straps
Trauma kit: large field dressings, tampons (hey, they plug a wound), tourniquet, CPR mask, coban wrap, space blanket, and epi-pen.
First aid kit: band-aids, gauze, coban wrap, antibiotic ointment, burn creme, and a few 2-pill packs of excedrin.
Tool kit: loose sockets in a bag with all the sizes that I use for maintenance, ratchet, needle nose pliers, bit screwdriver w/ 32-bit set, vise grips, channel locks, a few wrenches, 2 crescent wrenches, SOG multi-tool, allen and torx key set (both are the fold into the handle type, about the size of a multi-tool when folded).
Pocket knife, skinning knife, utility knife, and a fillet knife
Hatchet
Toilet paper
Slime air compressor, plug kit, and slime bottles
Couple of road flares (signal for help, also good for starting fires with wet tinder)
Windproof lighter
100' of paracord

Rear Storage Box
Winch saver strap
Tow strap
Extra carabiners (the real kind that are rated for 5k lbs)
Water
Any extra clothing

Shovel mounted to the back of the quad.

·
Premium Member
11,474 Posts
yup that stuff too, minus the windex whats that for?
The windex is in a little spray bottle for when my goggles or safety glasses get muddy or collect dust.

I forgot I also carry a first aid kit and wet wipes. (I have three in diapers so we have wet wipes by the case. Lol.)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I love the baby wipes. Great for cleaning your hands, wiping dirt of your face, etc. Every time I go out someone comments what a great idea. Never realized how useful they are until I had kids.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I love the baby wipes. Great for cleaning your hands, wiping dirt of your face, etc. Every time I go out someone comments what a great idea. Never realized how useful they are until I had kids.
Yeah, and the flare idea too. For that matter, I can't believe I overlooked a first aid kit, but it'll be in there before my next ride.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The windex is in a little spray bottle for when my goggles or safety glasses get muddy or collect dust.
Oh sure, good idea.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts