Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Updated my fleet so the Yamaha has gotta go. What's it worth in your area? Trying to get an idea for an asking price.

1986 Yamaha Moto4 225

Needs nothing, nice tires, plastics, everything works, always starts. Runs and Drive great. Maintained to a T. The only flaw is there is a round rip in the seat covered with black gorilla tape from where a horse bit the seat. Here is a pic of it with the wife on it:

BrionMoto.jpg

I am thinking $800 based on what I've seen around here but i'd like more opinions.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
ya that's about right

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Sounds good to me. Maybe 850 so you can have a little wiggle room

·
Registered
450 Posts
Those small older machines in good shape bring $1,000+ here easily.

But... This is an island... In Alaska...

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Oh boy.... Hmmm...... I think I should just drive over to K-land this weekend and take it off your hands for 1.... maybe 2 hundred dollars max, mainly out of charity, to get it out of your way!! :D

I take it you sprung the news of the new 300 to the wifey??

In all honesty..... I'd ask $900 and take anything between $800-900, from what I've seen in our neighborhood. Good Luck with the sale.... it should go quick, as clean as it looks.

EDIT: Is that the gravel road on the south side, headed west out of town? If so that's where I test road the 600 I looked at for the wife last winter/spring.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh boy.... Hmmm...... I think I should just drive over to K-land this weekend and take it off your hands for 1.... maybe 2 hundred dollars max, mainly out of charity, to get it out of your way!! :D

I take it you sprung the news of the new 300 to the wifey??

In all honesty..... I'd ask $900 and take anything between $800-900, from what I've seen in our neighborhood. Good Luck with the sale.... it should go quick, as clean as it looks.

EDIT: Is that the gravel road on the south side, headed west out of town? If so that's where I test road the 600 I looked at for the wife last winter/spring.
Haha a charity case eh?

BOLD: No she still has no idea. This time of year it would probably take her a month before she noticed it was missing lol.

To the EDIT: Yes it is. We owned the red house with the 4 car garage on the SW corner of town. That road was basically in my back yard. Over the summer we moved down to Rutland which is close to Hankinson.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Cool.... I test rode that 600 at one of the first houses on the block (tan , I think). But they wouldn't drop to book price on it..... so I walked. Kinda glad I did after we found the wife's current machine.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wanna say the guys neighbor ended up with it. I agree that your wifes machine would be nicer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bring it up over the line to the great white north and double the price with out batting an eyelash.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you brought it to Canada you would easily get $1500-$1600 so I would list it for $900 in your area so you could barter a bit.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
My dad bought one of these new back in '85 and still has it...but I bought this one a few years back for $300. Perfect condition...original tires, no tears in seat and even the OEM Honda cover.

'85 Honda TRX 250

I had a neighbor offer me $900 on the spot. It runs perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts