Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
If there isn't..... where did the other one go? Is it in the bottom of the switch housing?

As that second slot almost looks too clean to have had something in it?! You'd think it would be scuffed up a little if it had or did.... but maybe the picture doesn't show that. Is the remaining piece spring loaded? Never had mine apart....

Are you having troubles with AWD.... or are you just fixing something that isn't broken, to see how it works!? :D

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
have you looked at AWD switch to see if any contacts lower that may been for a another contact bar like the one thats there...I believe thats spring loaded also....so make sure it does not pop out an fly away..lol....put up a PIc of the AWD board thats still in the switch..see if any wear marks on it or even contacts lower

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope looks like nothing was ever there. My pod n all is working. I flush fluid n traced back wires. My awd has never worked. Also while running I cant switch gears. But once off it switches fine

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
have you checked power to the plug on the diff yet....I think the gray is power and brown white ground..not sure on that year but check....need to see if getting power to the diff since the Hillard clutch is in there for the AWD...I believe the ground is under the front cover under the rack....

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Nope looks like nothing was ever there. My pod n all is working. I flush fluid n traced back wires. My awd has never worked. Also while running I cant switch gears. But once off it switches fine
Are you trying to switch gears while you are moving, because if you are, you are going to tear something up. Polaris are not designed to change gears while moving, or are you just stating that when the motor is running u cant switch gears, but when off u can

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i know. im talking about sitting still. foot on brake and switching gear it wont do it. soon as i shut iit off it shifts fine. my idle is irractic too jumping between 1200 and 1800. when i get it to idle at like 12 to 1300 it wants to keep stalling and will pop here in there. i already cleaned the entire EFI and both sensors. and did new plugs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and idk what i did but my awd is working now lol i just went threw it all. even the pod and unplugged everything sprayed it all out plugged it all back in and cleaned the switch n stuff and now its working... but now i gota figure out this idle problem and not being able to change gears.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Your idle problem is part of your shifting issue. Check your clutches and belt for wear because it sounds like they are engaging while idling. If everything looks good there check your motor mounts and clutch alignment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i do get alot of movement out of my motor. didnt think of that. ill pull the cover on it. is the belt adjustable or anything or once its engaging i need a new clutch?

·
Registered
862 Posts
If the motor is out of alignment or the belt is worn enough to to pinch it's self in the primary clutch it can cause it to drag enough to keep tension on the drive line. Clutches are rebuildable, main things to look for are cracks or missing chunks on the face of the clutch, worn out buttons in the primary and secondary, primary rollers with flat spots or that are seized, damaged clutch weights and broken Springs. There isn't any adjustments to the belt as it for the most part self adjust by where sits in the clutch.

Does the atv want to creep forward if your on pavement?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yep thats your shifitng problem, some reason the clutch is grabing the belt and keeping tension on the gears in the trans. Clean up the clutches and looks for obvious damage on the clutch, belt and motor mounts.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Your idle problem is part of your shifting issue. Check your clutches and belt for wear because it sounds like they are engaging while idling. If everything looks good there check your motor mounts and clutch alignment.
X2^^^^^

1 - 16 of 16 Posts