Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 sportsman 800... im wheeling it in 2wd everything is going good im chewing threw a whole doing good and bam my shit locks into 4wd and i didnt even touch the button.. my fluid is brand new i did it friday night.. and another question is when im in 4wd and i take it out for 2wd sometimes it doesnt disengage so i have to reverse go forward and sometimes do that a couple of times

·
Registered
49 Posts
Umm maybe I'm missing something here, but did you have the switch on 4wd? Cause I thought once the back tires spin faster than the front. The 4wd engages? If you have the switch on 4wd

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What machine? Was it doing that before you changed the fluid? How many miles/hours since the last tie you changed the fluid?
2006 sportsman 800efi 35 hours maybe 200 miles if that I put the right fluid in it and yesterday was the first time I've ever gotten on it bc it's a new build I bought it used.. 2 inch spacer lift in the front 29.5 outlaws turner axles rad and snorkel kit hd springs in the rear

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I've seen a lot of issues with lifts and extreme axle angles causing the front to lock in in 2wd. Was the fluid pretty clean when it came out or really dirty? ay just need to change it a couple more times to flush out any contamination.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen a lot of issues with lifts and extreme axle angles causing the front to lock in in 2wd. Was the fluid pretty clean when it came out or really dirty? ay just need to change it a couple more times to flush out any contamination.
It was fair.. But thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
20 Posts
are you getting the 4x4 icon on the dash when its spinning all 4's?
Change your fluid again see what happens, if it doesnt fix problem your roller cage is probably broken.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a stock 2004 which does the same exact thing.

It automatcally engages into 4wd when in 2wd and no lights on the instrument cluster. Now, my wifes 04 is the opposite and simply won't engage into 4wd even with light on instrument cluster...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts