Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing a lot of these kind of threads going around so I'll contribute.

So what's your favorite gun you own or wish you did? I own full custom ar 15's, colt wheel guns, fancy semi autos and lots to choose from. If I had to choose as weird as it may be, my favorites would have to be my old mossberg 500 pump and springfield 1911 A1. Both back to the basic simple, blued steel, and wood furniture and grips.

I'm not sure why but I'd choose them over my BRO ar or built RRA pistol/SBR or poly guns. Nothing is better than simple and reliable. I think between the two guns I've only spent like $750 for the firearms themselves. Lol seems like a waste when I think about how much I have into my other guns.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I recently purchased a Springfield Armory XDm .45 that I love. But I'd have to give my favorite to my WWII 8mm mauser that still has the kill stamps on it. Great Grandpa brought it back from the war. F-ing Love that gun!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Mines the one between my forearm and my shoulder.

This doesn't seem like a general discussion about polaris atvs...

·
Registered
325 Posts
My Thompson/Center Encore with T/C custom shop 15" barrel in 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser, she's all day accurate and a true deer hammer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ruger 10/20 rifle. I am about to turn 37 and I've had mine since I was 14, it is the single funnest gun I have ever owned. Before the ammo craze started, you could go but a 500 rd brick for under $20 and oh have a blast! I love that gun

·
Registered
815 Posts
Colt .223 AR-15. No kick but still powerful.
I carry a Glock 26 in my vehicle with me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Stag M4A3 AR15 5.56NATO/.223mm :AR15firing: Ruger P95 9mm . I carry in my FJ a SCCY CPX-2 CB 9mm

·
Registered
99 Posts

Our Candien friend, :beerchug:I believe they strict hand gun laws?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

Our Candien friend, :beerchug:I believe they strict hand gun laws?
Meh, he's kinda a kill joy when it comes to guns anyway. likes to rain on the fun parade. No worries though, I mean he can't be all bad, He rides a Polaris doesn't he? :beerchug:x93

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mine would be a old model 770 Winchester in .270cal saved all summer in 1975 to get it $175 with 3x9 Leopold scope. Than next would be my model 1400 Winchester 32in full choke plain barrel. Both are my go to guns.

·
Registered
308 Posts
AK Shotgun smooth as silk, long and lean, loves to have a big mag stuffed in her and goes bang every time I pull the trigger! Aahhh I'm in love:cowboy:

·
Registered
125 Posts
1911 Springfield ultra compact 45
Taurus 608 8 3/8. Inch 8 shot 357 mag with Bushnell holo sight

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
I own a many but my favorite is my Ruger GP-100 (.357); I even like it better than my Kimber Super Pro Carry (.45/1911), which is very nice. Neither the Ruger nor Kimber get much use though. I'm normally packin' a black plastic Auto (Walther PPS or XD) but those are my favorite handguns. As for long guns, my favorite is a cheap ass CVA .45 Cal inline. Forty+ deer have been taken with that smoke pole. It's nothing fancy but when the hammer drops the BS stops.

·
Registered
101 Posts
.50 caliber M2. Nothing beats good old Ma Deuce. Except maybe the Mark 19 "Lobster". Of course that was back in the days of being in the military. Now days i suppose my favorite is a nickel played 1911 that my uncle has yet to give me...

seabee78

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine is a Marlin a 336 in 30-30. The ammunition is home grown. 35 grains of Winchester 748 set off with a CCI Magnum primer pushing a Speer 170 grain bullet at 1750 FPS.This combination is dead on.Open sight and gets bounced around on the Polaris.I will put this combination up against any factory ammo. Ken

·
Registered
615 Posts
My favorite is the XD-S .45 carry, but when I save enough pennies I think I'm going to get a Springfield EMP. I do enjoy the G4 G17 and it shoots damn good, eats any ammo and is pretty accurate out to about 25 yards.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The one I call "ol blue" my marlin 30-30 nothing like lever action with open sites... The Stevens self defense shotgun with some 00 buck in it can be a whole lot of fun too... That old stump out back just had to die!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm glad to see that there are more guys out there that trust a back to the basic gun as much as I do.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
My favorite handgun is a Model 686 S&W .357 with a Bushnell Red Dot scope. Rifle.....favorite is my Remington Model Seven in 7mm-08 with 2.5X10X44 Vortex scope. Most accurate gun I've ever owned, and the deer hate it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts