Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with 28"x11"-14" rear and 28"x9"-14" front Mega Mayhem tires...Wheels are 14"x8" (5+3) rear and 14"x6" (4+2) front ITP SS 212's. I have absolutely no issues with scrubbing anywhere and noticed no sluggish clutch feeling. :veryhappy:

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks great. Now it just needs some mud.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pics

Gained 3" in height, I measured from fender to ground in front and rear before and after wheels were put on. After checking air pressure from having them mounted I found they had 30 psi for bead seating. I dropped them to 7 psi and remeasured, still gained 2". Not bad at all !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
what clearence do u have from the bottom of the foot well to ground?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I love the Mega Mayhems. They really look good on your quad. I saving now to put a set on my 570 and ranger. I had them on my foreman and they would pull through anything

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For bp405........I have the Mega Mayhems and measuring from floor to bottom of footwell I have 15". They measure a true 28" with 5psi, even taller if you add a little more but the ride also stiffens.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I went with 28"x11"-14" rear and 28"x9"-14" front Mega Mayhem tires...Wheels are 14"x8" (5+3) rear and 14"x6" (4+2) front ITP SS 212's. I have absolutely no issues with scrubbing anywhere and noticed no sluggish clutch feeling. :veryhappy:
Any spacers, lift, spring tension or anything of the sort that needed adjusting or adding to accommodate the new tires? I'm looking at getting the same ones for the same quad only black ss212 rims.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Any spacers, lift, spring tension or anything of the sort that needed adjusting or adding to accommodate the new tires? I'm looking at getting the same ones for the same quad only black ss212 rims.
You don't need any lift for 28s

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing else

No other mods are necessary if you get the sizes and backspacing I posted earlier.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I just put the same size on my 850 xp and couldn't believe the difference between the Mega Mayhems and Swamp Lites in the mud, but the Swamp Lites definitely ride better and grip like a billy goat on rocks and hill climbs.

·
Registered
745 Posts
No other mods are necessary if you get the sizes and backspacing I posted earlier.
What do you mean by backspacing??? Also do you mind if I ask how much you paid for your wheel kit?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ Try reading the thread.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jus maken sure man i seen one guy say he had 28 silver backs on it no lift but i rather be sure than sorry lol i have spacers already for it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you use stock rims and skinny's or skinny-wide's you won't need spacers. Go to the first page of this conversation if you don't want spacers and it says what offset to use.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts