Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using the quad to plow myself out with great success and been having a great year of sledding in NH, just got back from my 4th trip to the great north woods with my new to me Yamaha Nytro, love the sled!!
[/URL]

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had a ball this year with my tracked ATV. Need a nice warm day to switch back to wheels and wait for the end of mud season :)

Cheers,
Lesn8r

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought my 2010 800 and have been riding it in the yard waiting for it to warm up so I can go get it dirty. Other than that, took plastics off, changed all the fluids, greased all zerks and just really learned as much as I can about it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My son totaled my plow frame, just installed a new one a few weeks ago and now no snow:nixweiss:

·
Registered
150 Posts
How does the quad handle on the tracks? Been thinking about getting a set for my 2013 Scrambler 850 LE.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This was my first year with the tracks and I had a ball with them. NH let's you sticker an ATV (with tracks) as a snowmobile so I'm legal on all the state trails (and there's alot). It handles like a dream and just floats in the deep stuff. They are geared so you lose about half your top speed, but running ~ 40mph on our twisty trails would be sporty anyways :) It will go anywhere and up and over just about anything. Love 'em.

Cheers,
Lesn8r

·
Registered
454 Posts
Rode my sleds at home and trailered them to the cabin several times. Can't drive the 4 wheeler on snowmobile trails and it just isn't a tenth as capable in the snow as the sleds anyway. Even on the lake on the packed down trails it just isn't a nice straight ride. Snow was at least waste deep all winter anyway. Learned my lesson driving on the lake and hit the deep stuff and got stuck for 2 hours. Had to walk and knock on a strangers door and ask for help. Not a good feeling being totally unable to get unstuck.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Pushed snow all winter..... Got to use our 09 550 and a new 2013 550. Had fun and put many hours on both machines. I plowed 4 acreage driveways almost once a week. And got stuck quite a few times..... uploadfromtaptalk1396805572446.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1396805603962.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1396805643658.jpg

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did some snowmobiling in the U.P.. Great snow for sure this year.
Plowed a lot of snow with my 99 300 explorer.( My beater 4x4). That thing took a beat'en this year, but she starts and get the job done everytime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts