Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of nice maxis tires mounted on suzuki rims 4x110. Is there a way to put them on my 500 sportsman? I was gonna buy a set of wheel adapters but not sure if it will work with the hubs.

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
I am not sure if anyone aftermarket makes an adapter for 4/156 to 4/110. It doesn't seem like there would be enough demand for them to make it worth it. Might be farther ahead to have the new tires mounted on Polaris wheels and sell the Suzuki ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your response that's what I was thinking I would have to do. The back tires are 25x10x12 my stock tires are 25x11x10. Will there be any forseen problems if I just get new 12 inch rims and upgrade to bigger rear tires.

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
Yes, you are gonna need a 12" rim for the rear. Bolt pattern might be an issue though. What are we working on? Generally the older machines with the 10" rear wheels have a 4/4 bolt pattern while the newer ones have a 4/156mm bolt pattern. Delta makes a 12" wheel with the proper 4/4 bolt pattern. Otherwise you have to come up with adapters to make the change and add width to the mounting hub due to the difference in offset/backspace between the wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts