Polaris ATV Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1044 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
What springs did you go with? I have to save up some money before i can get springs so im going to make some rear spring spacers for the time being. Hopefully that will stop the scrubbing for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Spacers will have the same effect, might lose a bit of travel though. I have EPI springs.
They are tough to get off, had to take to a spring shop after the dealer couldn't get them off.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Spacers will have the same effect, might lose a bit of travel though. I have EPI springs.
They are tough to get off, had to take to a spring shop after the dealer couldn't get them off.
Dang what methods did you try to get them off with? The spacers will just be temporary until i get some extra cash

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sedona Rip Saw on 14" Polaris Sixr

Just installed Sedona Rip-Saw tires on Polaris Sixr wheels. 26-9-14 front & 26-11-14 rear. Haven't ridden yet, as the quad no longer fits between my wheel wells in my 1999 Z71, and I can't get it to the woods. (I will be rectifying that TODAY, if I have to stack sand bags in the between the wheel wells to get the front tires up and over them. As of now, they just wedge in between. It's not ideal, but hey, at least I look cool!) Machine is 2015 Polaris 570 X-2 with exactly 2000 miles on it today.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
at least I look cool
Yes it does))))))))))))))))))))
So, how much wider are the new wheels over the stock ones?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
It's AT LEAST 4" wider.
Wow, defiantly not the way I want to go, wider that is.
Buying wheels that are close to stock back spacing are so hard to do.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Kind of thinking about this look..

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
For realz though. What are suggestions to upsize my tires on factory rims without having to mess with a lift, spacers, suspension, etc.?

·
Super Moderator
6,980 Posts
For realz though. What are suggestions to upsize my tires on factory rims without having to mess with a lift, spacers, suspension, etc.?
With factory rims, you really have no options. Anything wider than 8" on the front is going to cause you issues unless you get a set of 4+3 offset wheels, or a set of wheel spacers. Some folks have said they've had success with flipping the tie rod ends, but I don't think changing the steering geometry that much is a good idea at all.

1001 - 1020 of 1044 Posts