Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Here is my bike. Bone stock 2012 polaris 500 ho. I just acquired some 14" hd3 wheels. I'm looking for a tire for trail, and mild mudding. I'm wanting to try and avoid upgrading too much. Needing some advice on some good tires that will work. I have been looking at the bighorns 2.0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Riding style sounds similar to mine. I've been eyeing the Maxis BigHorn, Traxion Gripper and the Sedona Ripsaws..... smooth riders that can also perform. Also heard good things about the Bear Claws, but heard they also ride a little rough. As for the BigHorn 2.0's, I've heard/read to steer clear. :dunno:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to check those out. I did forget to mention though I need to stay under an inch on the lug

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
The Bear Claw radial rides smooth..and has great traction...I rode up a glacier covered road the other night ..its a good incline to the top of mountain...well a road with 3 inches of ice on it covered in snow...they never skipped a beat....

Coming down was a whole different story..lol...got side ways a few times...I looked at tires an reviews for a month before buying..and not one bad review....

i can say this about the tires..the sidewall is very thick....and it has a nice rim bead protector....I will get some pics when nicer out....I put them on STI HD2se wheels..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Riding style sounds similar to mine. I've been eyeing the Maxis BigHorn, Traxion Gripper and the Sedona Ripsaws..... smooth riders that can also perform. Also heard good things about the Bear Claws, but heard they also ride a little rough. As for the BigHorn 2.0's, I've heard/read to steer clear. :dunno:
Hey Matt,

What did you read to make you want to steer away from the bighorn 2.0's ? I was thinking of getting a set for my wheeler from Rocky mtn atv as there still 6ply tires with nice tread and traction. I've also read that with them being lighter that it makes it easier for smaller rides.. like my 550 to push them. Just was wondering about insight or where you read your reviews / research so i could take a look before purchasing.

Thanks,
Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts