Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a friend who works for big companie that sells BEARINGS and got me some for my Sportsman XP 1000 for $35 per bearing but they was supposed to be OEM I don't know what brand OEM really is but what I got is Spin Co so not sure what I got I was looking for answers and come across this website for $35 you get 2 KOYO wheel bearing from what I know is one of the best wheel bearing you can get and it has the replace for the 3514699 and that's the right number for my wheel bearing but it just seems to be good to be true. What do y'all think?
Polaris RZR 1000 XP and Turbo Premium Bearings

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I think you should get them and let us know about their quality and how well they fit and endure

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you should get them and let us know about their quality and how well they fit and endure
I checked on them and it was $35 for 2 Koyo wheel bearing with free shipping so I had to give it a try. I will see what's up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm very happy I got 2 Koyo wheel bearing with free shipping for $35 so ordered 2 more. Everything checked out.
20200625_143938.jpg

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
285 Posts
I don’t know anything about what brand of wheel bearing is best, and was curious. So I googled it, seems KOYO wheel bearings are not known for high quality, but are for low cost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Personally I've never had issues with KOYO bearings and I've used them since around 1977.
I've only used Made in Japan ones though
There are better quality bearings out there but the x times higher cost doesn't equate to X+1 times more life,( usually they only last about 10%~20% longer for up to 200% higher price.)
If I was using them closer to 200mph, I may be concerned, as it is, up to 90 (maybe?) I'll stick with cheaper and check more often.
On street bikes they last at least 30,000 miles at up to 135mph, longer at lower speeds.
Off road, when I was racing, it didn't seem to matter what bearings I used when riding in deep mud/water, new ones almost every weekend as 'something' would always chew up a seal

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don’t know anything about what brand of wheel bearing is best, and was curious. So I googled it, seems KOYO wheel bearings are not known for high quality, but are for low cost.
Koyo is the OEM bearing in a Yamaha Grizzy /Kodiak 700 and it's also a lot smaller than the one in Sportsman XP 1000 and the company that I got them sells them has a upgrade to the OEM bearing in a ZRZ Turbo. My Kodiak 700 has the OEM Koyo bearings and more miles on it with no play but my 1 year newer Sportsman XP 1000 with less miles has some play and I'm 100% sure there is no play in the bushings because I don't have any because I removed them and put in 136 BALL BEARINGS. I'm very happy to find Koyo bearings that fit the Sportsman XP 1000.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Personally I've never had issues with KOYO bearings and I've used them since around 1977.
I've only used Made in Japan ones though
There are better quality bearings out there but the x times higher cost doesn't equate to X+1 times more life,( usually they only last about 10%~20% longer for up to 200% higher price.)
If I was using them closer to 200mph, I may be concerned, as it is, up to 90 (maybe?) I'll stick with cheaper and check more often.
On street bikes they last at least 30,000 miles at up to 135mph, longer at lower speeds.
Off road, when I was racing, it didn't seem to matter what bearings I used when riding in deep mud/water, new ones almost every weekend as 'something' would always chew up a seal
I find that Koyo is using in a Yamaha R1 and I have had 2 over the years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts