Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to both the forum and 4 wheelers. I'm an old 3 wheeler user. Anyway, I have a 2000 Sportsman 500 4x4 with 10x8 wheels on the rear. I want to put 12x8 wheels on it. I only need steel and haven't a clue what the offset should be. I am running 25x8x12 Titan 589MT's on the front (almost new) and currently some old worn knobs of 25x11x10 on the rear. I have been looking for some used 12" steel wheels as tires are more readily available up here and learning about them as I go, but they are rather scarce up here unless you want to give gold spot price at the local Polaris dealer. Any info or guidance that you are willing to share is appreciated. I'm not into racing and will be using the 4x4 for hunting with a homemade meat trailer in tow in the bogs, marshes, scree, and rocks of Alaska.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The 12" wheels will be fine. Offset on the rear isn't as much of an issue as the front. Just make sure the bolt pattern is 4x156.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You can measure the offset on your existing wheels, it's just the distance from rim edge to bolt surface, inside and outside. Not sure what measurement comes first when stating the offset.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Itp deltas perhaps?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts