Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 850 XP HO and I've read a lot about people getting the wrong offset and the wheel and tire sticking way out (mainly in the rear). I don't want to make the same mistake, so I wondered if anyone knew what the proper offset would be. I'm thinking of getting the MotoSport Alloy M20 Kore, they have a +0mm offset, I'm just not exactly sure what that means. I'm thinking of getting a set of 27" Interco Reptile Radial tires mounted on them as well. Any help would be great!

·
Super Moderator
7,078 Posts
The OEM offset would be a +1 offset. Fronts are 5 +1 and rears are either 6+1 or 7+1. Aftermarket wheels would need to be 6+1 to keep things close to OEM dimensions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
0 offset will place where the wheel bolts in the center. so 3.5 + 3.5 on a 7 inch wheel. This will make the wheels/tires stick out farther than factory.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that answers that question. Now, I can't seem to find any 6+1 offset wheels. I've just been looking on Amazon and Ebay, trying to find a deal. Is there a specific brand or kind of wheel I can type in the search bar to give me better luck?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have an 850 Touring and have faced the same confusion. From what I gather the only wheel available that doesn't massively widen the ATV is the STI HD2.
STI TIre & Wheel HD2 Wheels

I have no idea how you buy this wheel though because if you go to say RMATV.com they don't list the 6+1 offset. None of the sales sites do.
Further confusion is it sounds like you now have a front and rear wheel that are not stock width. This will have a ballooning or shape changing effect on the tires once mounted. I don't know what tire widths people are running with them. Are the front and rear tires being ran of the same width?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also read the STI HD2 was the only wheel that would keep you at 50". I have a hard time believing that, I'm pretty sure a 6+1 has been needed on an 850 xp since 2009. It seems like other companies would see this as a money making opportunity. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and go to my local Polaris dealer to see what they have to say.

The front and rear wheels are being ran at the 7" width, while most tires are 9" front and 11" rear width. I have a friend who just put this set up on his honda, and it looks and performs great. I'm a little jealous and upset that I can't find wheels that will work properly with my 850 xp. I bought the best machine out there for a reason, now I want to improve it! I can't have my honda loving friend outdoing me in the mud holes!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bobx2, where did you buy your STI HD2 wheels? Did you go to the dealer or get them online? Also, what kind and size tire are you currently running?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Why don't you just put new tires on the stock wheels. All your going to do is scratch and doing up a nice set of aluminum ones in the mud and crap. 27s will fit fine on them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the black steel wheels, just wanted to get a better look. But, you are right about the scratches and dings, I have a few in the wheels I have now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So, after much research here is what I have found for anyone who may have the same questions I did. I read on here that the STI HD2 was the only wheel that would fit the Polaris 850 XP, so I went online to order. The only place I could find that had them where you could specify the 6+1 offset that you need to keep stock width was at pureoffroad.com. I ordered them and recieved a call the next day, they could no longer get the HD2 in the 6+1. After the very helpful salesman looked into it he found that now the only wheel he could get in the 6+1 offset is the STI HD3. So if you want to keep the stock width on your 850XP that is a great option. I have not recieved my wheels and tires yet, went with 27" reptiles, but I am very impressed with the customer service I have recieved thus far from pureoffroad.com. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I was just about the chime in and add that STI was supposed to be releasing the HD3 in a 6+1 Configuration. I may go this same route.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I should get my wheels and tires in on Friday, I'll post pics this weekend, hopefully this will help anyone who has had this issue. I love my Polaris, but I hate how limited we are on our choice of wheels.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I should get my wheels and tires in on Friday, I'll post pics this weekend, hopefully this will help anyone who has had this issue. I love my Polaris, but I hate how limited we are on our choice of wheels.
Did you mean pureoffroad.com? I can't find a purecountry.com. Which finish did you end up going with for the HD3's?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oops, yes I did mean pureoffroad.com. I went with the machined finish, here is the part number at pureoffroad.com---STIHD314M.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought a new wheel kit from Polaris that is factory offset but cannot find the rims on Polaris's website! The kit came with 26" R14 Bighorns

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I recently bought a new wheel kit from Polaris that is factory offset but cannot find the rims on Polaris's website! The kit came with 26" R14 Bighorns

Those rims are badass, never even seen them before. And stock width too? That's awesome!!

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
How much were those Alberta, if you don't mind?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid $1150 plus tax for them. They stick out about an inch past the fenders which is about the same as the stock tires and wheels. I will get some pics of the width this evening.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Those wheels are sweet, and the price isn't bad! My Polaris dealer must not be well informed, because I went to them and they did not mention anything about this option. That shouldn't suprise me, they didn't even know what 6+1 meant. When I was leaving the dealership both the parts guy and the owner were thanking me for educating them on offsets of wheels. I told them I learned it by reading on the PolarisATVforums.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts