Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided on 27" itp 589's on itp ss108 or 112 in black. I'm still trying to find the best price. So far it's 835$ shipped, let me know if you find better within the next day or so. I chose the 589 over the xtr because there a little lighter and I can't find a bad review on the 589. The xtr has a lot of bad reviews for weak side walls, one guy said he had multiple plugs in each tire. But I was wondering how wide these wheels will make my machine? Do the wheels have different offsets or are both these wheels the same? If you have either one of these wheels can you post pics here for me? Thank you.

·
Registered
667 Posts
say goodbuy to that smooth ride with the 589,nobody i know runs them on a xp. should have gone with a radial.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that was not helpfull. I haven't ordered yet but I've have been reading forums and reviews non stop and this is noe of the few tires without a bad review. And if you don't know anyone who has them on an xp than how do you know how it will ride with them??? Anyway, so many tires so little time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 589's and they are a good riding tire. I love them and they have surpassed my preformance expectations (especially in the snow!!!). I went with the 26 inchers and they fit my stock rims. Its tough to tell if they ride rough as I use them on 4 wheeler trails or off road, that's naturally rough. If I was worried about the ride then I would trade in for a golf cart.

Paul.

·
Registered
667 Posts
the 589 has been around for years and has NEVER been said that it was a smooth tire. one of the main reasons guys buy polaris is the smooth ride. now high lifter is the largest forum out there by far,just try and find a guy on there with the 589 on his xp,guys who know tires will skip by the 589. go with the high lifter radial,the pitbull radial or one of the gbc radial. i have the gbc spartacus on 2 of my xp.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do like the looks of that pit bull rocker how much heavier is that than the itp 589. I see they didn't come out with the 27.5 yet and I was looking Yo go a size up to 27, or 28. I just don't like all these stories about rocks ripping those xtr's to pieces. Theres enough rock here for that to be a concern. The 589 is lighter than the xtr also. There is just a lot of tough choices. Does anyone on here have the rockers on an xp? How do they do in mud?

·
Registered
667 Posts
radials do weigh more than bias tires. the gbc grim reaper or the spartacus are 8 ply radials and come in 27" and they are tough sob tires. we have a few guys on here running them and really like them for rocky trails.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I only run Bighorns on my machines, but have some friends that have converted over to the pit bulls and have given nothing but rave reviews on them, they were former Bighorn guys, but from what I have herd the pit bulls are some really good tires.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
radials do weigh more than bias tires. the gbc grim reaper or the spartacus are 8 ply radials and come in 27" and they are tough sob tires. we have a few guys on here running them and really like them for rocky trails.
Im running GBC grim reapers. A great tire and is tough as nails!!! Solid performer in rock, and mud and very smooth on hard packed trails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts