Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 scrambler 850 and I'm looking to change the wheels and tires. I actually have two questions. First question is has anybody went from the 14" to 12" wheels and if so what's the pros and cons and my second question is what's the biggest tire I could put on my 14-in wheels without them rubbing?

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
can go to 12" but it requires mods. if your are going bigger then there is no benefit to going to a 12" rim. 28" tire is your max, bigger then that you'll start rubbing the floorboard during suspension compression. FYI stock offset is closest to 6+1 aftermarket offset. Also me personally I wouldn't go wider then 5+2 offset.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only reason I was asking about the 12-in wheels is because there's a lot of good deals on them. My buddy has an RZR turbo that he took the wheels and tires off of That's why I was asking how big of tires I could fit. Ultimately I would like to pretty much go at stock sizes

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Well to 2 mods I know of is a caliper and disc swap (don't recall the model to swap with) or bust out the angle grinder and start giving the OEM calipers a haircut!! Im pretty sure those RZR wheels will fit without spacers. What size is your buds set-up??

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
I mean guys that mud use them different type though. i'm assuming he has Bighorns or a similar trail tire. thing is 29' trail tire used on the trails is getting kindoff tall for an ATV. so it depends, what kind of riding do you do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah he has the bighorns. I don't really do much mud. A lot of trail riding with a bit of rock. We usually keep a pretty fast pace

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
so im assuming there 29" BHs on 12" rims??

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
oh ok. if its your buddy id say give em a test run!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts