Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do I need to add a fuel controller on my efi to adjust it to run properly or can you just have the dealer program my machine with out one? New to the efi world i always used to rejett my carbed machines myself but this computer stuff is out of my league for now, and not sure what you do to make sure its not running lean/rich and how getting the full performance out of machine when adding a exhaust and maybe air filter.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i know someone has to have a answer here there are to many smart ppl on this board not to have a answer

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
With a full exhaust, and filter you should definately get a programmer.

Contact ridinagain on here, he is a retailer for dobek programmers and could answer all your questions on how the programmers work, and features and such.

Honestly if you don't need more power and just want sound, go with a slip on. Its alot less hassle. And no programmer reauired.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I've been talking with him on clutch kits I'll ask him about it next time I talk to him.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And do I need more power? No I don't. Do I want more power? Ooooooh ya I do.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Yes, with a complete exhaust you will need a programmer. With a slip on in most cases you are ok without. The Dobeck ones are super simple plug and play and come preprogrammed for your machine and mods.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks again ridinagain. If you got any of those looks like ill be ordering that from you when i get enough extra cash for a full system and programmer.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what do you know about dynatek? I see on ebay a kit with big gun full exhaust and a dynatek programmer for 600$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts