Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just reached over 20 hours on my 2012 sportsman and did my first engine oil change. minor. Im a little confused though looking at the manual. my question is when though do i change the other fluids like the transmission, demand drive and gear case oils? it says inspect and change yearly listing 25H so im assuming first change would be a year after i bought it? And also whats the key to filling those fluids with those hard to reach fill spots. Any special funnel or tube youre using? sorry this is all new to me.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
First service @ 20-25 hours, would only be engine oil and filter. Check the rest, and than I believe it's a complete service (all fluids) @ 50 hours.

I however changed all the fluids (and filters) at my 25 hour service. Performed myself.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I agree after first 50 hours then yearly.

For me its easier to just do yearly. Sometimes its closer to 75 miles others times 35. EVERYTIME the fluids look like new with just a faintest tint that they are used.

The tranny and front axle hold so little its just a good idea for new fluid. The rear axle is not much bigger.

Oil is cheap insurance and maintaince to your machine is TANTAMOUNT to its longevity. Grease it, lube it, clean it and inspect it. Then GO ENJOY IT!!

CW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts