Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i couldve swore i was reading some spec articles, and it says that the 2011 850 had 70 Horse, the 2012 had 77 and the 2013 are back to 70. any idea why? also checkd Polaris's Web site and the MIlitary 850 has the 77 Horse motor. just curious to what the difference is!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I think the HP rating is still 77 for 2012-2014, but the BHP is 70 (brake HP??), I just read up on the difference online and my head is spinning, so I am assuming someone on here can explain the difference and dummy it down for guys like me... LOL.

·
Registered
460 Posts
So i couldve swore i was reading some spec articles, and it says that the 2011 850 had 70 Horse, the 2012 had 77 and the 2013 are back to 70. any idea why? also checkd Polaris's Web site and the MIlitary 850 has the 77 Horse motor. just curious to what the difference is!
The Polaris site stated about two months ago and still today "77HP" for the Sportsman 850 XP HO. I looked before I bought my 2013 a couple months back, and just checked again.

I'm not saying you didn't read otherwise somewhere, just stating what they say.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Lol, I was wondering if anyone would catch that :)
I was thinkin' what the heck... :unknw:
I would have tried to find a new left over 2012 before I lost HP on the '13.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I agree the difference is there where two different motors.. IIRC, both 850 just the newer one is a "HO" and more horse power.

CW

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The Polaris site stated about two months ago and still today "77HP" for the Sportsman 850 XP HO. I looked before I bought my 2013 a couple months back, and just checked again.

i couldnt find it on the Polaris site, so what i found i know was third party, i believe ATVrider.com

do you have alink to wher i can find it on the Polaris site?
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
It's probably just misspeaks. Maybe call it a Denyable error. The 850HO is 77 and thats what they meant. (Polaris marketing folks thinking)If people bought a reg expecting the 77. Oh well. ;)

A friends mothers brothers kid said...

Bottom line is you got what you got! One of the best most powerful quads on the market right now. Go ride and enjoy it!

CW

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just edited my response above yours. . the info i found was 3rd party, it sounded like i was claiming what he said was 3rd party info. i just wanted to see it straight from polaris.

i had thought what someone above said and it was due to emissions, or some sort of warratny issue that they didnt want to deal with anymore.

and i love riding this thing, not enough time in the day to enjoy it enough!

·
Registered
460 Posts

i couldnt find it on the Polaris site, so what i found i know was third party, i believe ATVrider.com

do you have alink to wher i can find it on the Polaris site?
Thanks!
Here is the link 2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EPS Sunset Red ATV : Features

Just move your mouse cursor over the top left image under the Banner that says "Hardest Working Features".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts