Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned since new a 2005 2 stroke TB that has about 50-70 hours on it. No abuse, just desert trail riding. I start it up every two weeks just to keep things fresh. I service the vehicle constantly as per the owners manual.

Anyways, I went to start it and she was hard to start. Bad gas? maybe, so I changed it. Pulled carby and cleaned it out. runs fine now but I noticed on the gas bowl vent tube, a drip of gas or two when running. In fact, that has been going on for a while but it ran fine before, so I ignored it till now. However what's bugging me is that if I'm in neutral, and hit the throttle fairly fast all the way, I can get it to bog at around idle speed. Of course, I would never allow the bike to over rev. Also I did read that great post on carb issues and all seems well. So what am I missing?

Any thoughts? Does anyone know what setting the floats should be so I can eliminate that out of the situation?? Does anyone know what the compression gauge should show on this vehicle? I know I'm asking a lot from you all out there, but I need some expert advise. I appreciate anything.

Dino

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts