Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to pull my carb today since the choke was sticking. Put it all back together and i see 2 hoses that i am not sure where they go. Take a look at the pics.

On the bottom of the carb there is a spot for a small hose. Found a 6" pc or so laying on the ground and it fits. I put it on the bottom of the carb but it doesnt connect anywhere at the other end. The other hose comes off the trans? Comes up the motor but again doesnt go anywhere. The one comming from the trans doesnt reach the bottom of the carb so i assume it doesnt go there This is why i connected the smaller hose to the bottom of the carb. Take a look at my pics, sorry they are pretty crappy. Old cell phone camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
That looks like an over flow hose, not suppose to connect to anything else just go to a spot where it won't get all over the motor if it gets to much gas in the carb, not 100 percent positive but that's what it looks like.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Overflow for bowl

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so the one ont he bottom of the bowl is the overflow and it goes no where special. The hose is about 6" long and just goes off the side of the motor. What about the other one from the trans. Right now it just runs up and goes no where.

·
Registered
99 Posts
On mine the hose from the tranny goes in a hole in the top of the frame,you can't get to the hole w/o removeing the plastic so you could just wire tie it up high.Don't pull the wire tie so tight that it crushes the hose or it won't vent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts